• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Harley Davidson Pro-street Breakout

56taskforce

I have a V-Twin Project I have had for a long time now, a Sante Softail frame set up for a 250mm rear it is stretched 3" in the back bone and has a Baker right hand drive 6 spd. My plan has been to build a drag race style or rather a pro-street cruiser. This project got stuck on the back burner when I lost my business during the housing market crash of 08. At that time I lost interest in riding all together but have a newfound interest since getting the two Concourses. I have since pulled this project from the rafters of the barn and started researching parts, wow this could cost in upwards of 30 grand to finish the way I want it.
I have been looking around and found several factory Harley Breakouts with Screaming Eagle upgrades making them very close to what I've always wanted to build for around 22 to 24 grand.
Anyway may very well may sell off the project bike and a few other items and go looking for the right Softail Breakout. What do you guys think, should I continue with the build so I can say I built it or go the route of the Breakout????

Grant, only you can really answer the question. How much do you love it and how important is it to you to build it. I spent an awful lot of money on a 75 Z1 900 because I liked the bike. I've got it running well enough I might have to take it to a COG event in 2018. Hope you had a merry Christmas and going to have a happy new year. Tim

I have never let the cost decide what I want to do on my bikes.  If I want to do it, then I do it and pay the price.  I have more money than I care to think about invested in my C-10, but I like it and will probably spend more on it in the future.  Like Tim says, it is what is in your heart and pocket book and what you feel comfortable doing and/or spending.  Don't let others make that decision for you.

I think I would go the way of the Breakout.
{if you want ,more} sell the parts you have, and use those $$ to modify the new bike into something special for you.

Ride safe, Ted

https://youtu.be/m9ESn6SsBgM  I think this is a beautiful bike after the C14 and my Duramax pickup are paid off I think this is going to happen.  :motonoises: