• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Has anyone installed Murphs Speigler 2-line brake line set?

BrianG

I have a '95 C10 with original brake lines. The fronts have reached the unsafe point so I'm looking for replacements. Murph has a Speigler 2-line set that I an curious about. Has anyone installed it or have an opinion about a double banjo bolt off the master cylinder with each caliper having its own line?

Thanks bowtie39. Did either of you do anything to hold the 2 brake lines in position between the master cylinder and the calipers?

I also have the 2 line. I prefer it over the 3 line as it's easier to install and bleed.
I used Tie Wraps to hold the lines together {to make it a bit neater under the plastic} but otherwise, nothing needed.

Last edited:
One other question/concern. I have 1" handle bar risers. The stock lines were long enough to accommodate them and Murph says his are as well but my concern is how close the current banjo bolt on the master cylinder is to the, I'll call it the display sun shield out of ignorance. The clearance is about 1/2" as the handlebars turn full left. Anyone have risers that can comment on this clearance with the double banjo on the master?

I think I put them on my '95 before Murph was born.

Seriously, don't remember where I got them, but no issues what-so-ever. Good, solid brake feel.

There is a little give and take with the Master Cylinder. You can loosen it and turn just a tad if you are having interference.

Thanks all. I will be out of town the early part of next week so plan to order the 2-line set as soon as I return.
There is a little give and take with the Master Cylinder. You can loosen it and turn just a tad if you are having interference.
I hope this is not needed. It won't take much of a tilt to affect fill level, although I have found that fluid to the fill line per the service manual results in overflow once the diaphragm and cap are on.

I think I put them on my '95 before Murph was born.

... First year we emailed each other! Considering the newest 1000s are 15 years old, theres several bikes that need new lines..

...man you have GOT to be up there... :unsure:

Murph

... First year we emailed each other! Considering the newest 1000s are 15 years old, theres several bikes that need new lines..

...man you have GOT to be up there... :unsure:

Murph
Maybe I did get them from you; just don't remember. And you're correct, probably do need to pick up some new ones for the Connie and the KLR.

Yeah, the years keep clicking on by, and I don't like the alternative to stop it.. Will turn 79 this coming January. Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m old and worn out, but I make sure Iā€™m nowhere near the curb on trash day.

Guy

Reactions: Bud
Thanks all. I will be out of town the early part of next week so plan to order the 2-line set as soon as I return.

I hope this is not needed. It won't take much of a tilt to affect fill level, although I have found that fluid to the fill line per the service manual results in overflow once the diaphragm and cap are on.
Whatever.