• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How Long Do I Have to Hold the Stove Knob In?

f24896139467

I haven't seen this topic yet, and I wonder if anyone else has the same issue. I have a 2021 C14, and sometimes I have to hold the stove knob in for 15-20 seconds (or more) before I can turn it. I've had the bike for a month. Miles: 300. The fob is in my jacket pocket. I store it at home, maybe ten feet from the TV. My cell phone is in my pants pocket. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

I haven't seen this topic yet, and I wonder if anyone else has the same issue. I have a 2021 C14, and sometimes I have to hold the stove knob in for 15-20 seconds (or more) before I can turn it. I've had the bike for a month. Miles: 300. The fob is in my jacket pocket. I store it at home, maybe ten feet from the TV. My cell phone is in my pants pocket. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

I agree with zarticus and S Smith, as I have zero issues with pushing and releasing right away. It's just a different timing from the instantaneous gratification we're used to. As soon as you push down the dash will light up and then you can turn the knob to the right. When that happens your speedo and tach will flip the needles to max and back to zero and then it'll be ready to fire up.

Not more than a second or two for the entire procedure in my experience with my '21.

Bummer experience on new bike... mine from showroom has been fraction of second push in and turn.

15-20 secs!!!? Back to dealer I’d be heading, battery in fob or not cmon’ brand new - nope, not me replacing that battery.

I have the same experience as the others that have responded. Put the cell phone in an upper pocket and the fob in your right pants pocket and see if reacts differently. Fresh battery would be cheap and wouldn't hurt anything.

On my 2017, the bike flashes a warning if the fob battery is low, and I would think yours would too if you needed to replace it.

Mine does the same as others, push and release, it might take a second for the display to come on.

I bought my bike used and the previous owner did not give me a tutorial on how to start the bike. I had a hell of a time riding it home from Dallas cause it would not start at gas stations. Mine does not always react went I hold the stove top in and release. I find that if I punch the stove top in twice in quick succession, that it will always come alive. So you can try that and see if it helps.

Steve

This is weird, I don't think the OP understands how the key works.
To the OP, you press the knob down and release, then turn it to on.
My 2014 the key won't turn when its held down.
Thou it looks like a stove key you don't hold it down and try to turn it like when you lite a stove.
Nick
2014 C-14

This is weird, I don't think the OP understands how the key works.
To the OP, you press the knob down and release, then turn it to on.
My 2014 the key won't turn when its held down.
Thou it looks like a stove key you don't hold it down and try to turn it like when you lite a stove.
Nick
2014 C-14
Good point.

I agree....on my 09 push and release. Dash comes on with a key symbol and arrows. Turn key in direction desired.