• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How to Find Original Chalkdust?

steves1959

Greetings, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. The new site looks good.
I have been trying to find the link to the Chalkdust I article\PDF, but the Tech Pages don't seem to have a working link to it.... only Chalkdust II.
Is there a link to the file that I may have missed?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Thanks for the replies... yeah, I've looked at that link before, I've logged in and am a member, I can download Chalkdust II but the link you posted does not have a link to the original Chalkdust. Looks to me like the link is broken, as the page for Chalkdust and the embedded link go right straight to Chalkdust II.

1613167722377.png

Greetings, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. The new site looks good.
I have been trying to find the link to the Chalkdust I article\PDF, but the Tech Pages don't seem to have a working link to it.... only Chalkdust II.
Is there a link to the file that I may have missed?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Ok - now if you go to the Tech at Pages https://concours.org/Tech-Pages and select the newly added "Best of CHALKDUST 1&2 - thru 1997" near the top, that should get you the document you were looking for. Notice the password notation in the description.

Not sure what was up with that other one - it's gone.

Hmm, just tried it. Worked fine for me.

Try Right clicking on the "Get Document" and choosing save or open from the list that comes up

(when you get the white screen, does it have a little PDF symbol and the words "Best_of_Chalkdust...." in the bottom left corner of the window - that's where Chrome sticks downloaded files - if yes, you can click on that)

Thanks Wandrng! There's now a link and and option to "Get Document" now.
I was able to download the doc as a PDF and it's now archived to my local hard drive.
"The Best of Chalkdust" is worth the price of membership in and of itself.
Appreciate the assist!

I tried to download the PDf, it asked for my password and the password did not work. I logged out and logged back in to be sure i was using the correct one and no problem. What's up?

There is a second password for the actual PDF file (it came that way from the old system, someone is working on removing it). The password is on the same page as the Get Download button.

I am a relatively new paid member, having joined during the website transition.
Are the tech pages complete?
"We are still populating the Tech Pages in our database. Not all have yet been transfered to the new cloud. We will be adding more soon." has been displayed for months. I have heard of an article titled "Carbs. They aren't just in your diet" or something to that affect but I can't seem to find it. Are there archives somewhere? Forgive my ignorance, I don't have any experience with the old site. I did enjoy the Chalkdust collection!
Thanks.

I am a relatively new paid member, having joined during the website transition.
Are the tech pages complete?
"We are still populating the Tech Pages in our database. Not all have yet been transfered to the new cloud. We will be adding more soon." has been displayed for months. I have heard of an article titled "Carbs. They aren't just in your diet" or something to that affect but I can't seem to find it. Are there archives somewhere? Forgive my ignorance, I don't have any experience with the old site. I did enjoy the Chalkdust collection!
Thanks.
That article is in the fall 06 concourier . I have not accessed the library since the change though so can't help there . Great writeup to rebuild and clean carbs !

Go to the home page and scroll down to the blue section menu . Click on Resources > Library to find Concourier issues . "Carbs , it aint a diet thing" Fall 06 is what you want .