• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hudson Valley Meet & Greet - Carmel Diner, Carmel, NY -3/15 11am-2pm

Bigben

Scooter
Hi Coggers,

The next Hudson Valley meet and greet is scheduled for 3/15  form 11am - 2pm at:

Carmel Diner, Carmel, NY
63 Rt 52 (Gleneida Ave) 
Carmel , NY  10512

For details on directions go to the event registration page at:http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=197109&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D03%2D01%27%7D

The diner does not have a website, but they have a facebook page where you can checkout their menu.
https://www.facebook.com/TheCarmelDiner/photos_stream

Follow this link for a brief history of the town of Carmel: http://www.ci.carmel.ny.us/about-our-town

See you in two weeks.

Regards,

Ben

Ben, appreciate the invite. Would like to come but will be in VA for a week starting the 13th for one of my 3 Granddaughters 1st Birthday. Hope everyone has a great time which I am sure they will..

Jerry Gowen said:
Ben, appreciate the invite. Would like to come but will be in VA for a week starting the 13th for one of my 3 Granddaughters 1st Birthday. Hope everyone has a great time which I am sure they will..
First birthday is definitely more important. Happy birthday to the baby! See you at the next event.

Aww, come on Dan, it's just 3 hours. That's about how long it'll take me from South Jersey. My plan is 206 - 287 - 87 - Bear Mtn bridge - route 6 through Mahopac to Carmel. Spent plenty of time up there in the past. Had relatives living off of Crane Road on Anton in Mahopac.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Aww, come on Dan, it's just 3 hours. That's about how long it'll take me from South Jersey. My plan is 206 - 287 - 87 - Bear Mtn bridge - route 6 through Mahopac to Carmel. Spent plenty of time up there in the past. Had relatives living off of Crane Road on Anton in Mahopac.

Wayne - better from bridge is 9D north to RT 301 east to RT 52 north to diner.  RT 6 from bridge through Mahopac is too commercial.  (know this area well - lived there)

S Smith said:
Wayne - better from bridge is 9D north to RT 301 east to RT 52 north to diner.  RT 6 from bridge through Mahopac is too commercial.  (know this area well - lived there)

I'll have to check that route out. Yeh, I've done the route 6 drive a few dozen times over the years. 

Drats we're not going to be able to make it. Some nice riding for me to get there too. Maybe next month. Maybe see some of you guys (and gals) later this month in Enfield Ct.

S Smith said:

Thanks for the tip Steve. That'll be my route to the diner.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
S Smith said:

Thanks for the tip Steve. That'll be my route to the diner.
Hey Wayne,
Nice route choice, especially 301...just watch out for potholes through some of the small towns. See you there.

EBAD said:
So, how did it pan out?

:Woot_Emoticon:

Total of seven attended (one while we were headed out) with 5 riding bikes there coming from NY, NJ, CT.  Great to see/meet everyone. Sorry I could not hang out to chat more after, but was only able to break away for an hour or so.

Wish I could have made it.  This was in my back yard.  My job has a long history of inconveniencing me just when I have something planned.