• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hudson Valley, NY: Ride to Tech Session, Monson, MA

Bigben

Scooter

I will be leading a ride from the Hudson Valley to the Spring Tech Session in Monson, MA on Saturday April 26. The ride will leave from the Pilot Travel Center located off exit 6 on I-84 8am. We will slab it almost all the way to Monson, with the exception of a 15-20 minute coffee stop somewhere in Connecticut, and the last 20-30 miles on state/county/local roads. Please register for the Tech Session so that our generous hosts can have an accurate head count.

Date and Time
Start Date: 04/26/2014  Start Time: 8:00 AM 
End Date: 04/26/2014  Approx. End Time: 4:00 PM 
Registration Deadline: 04/25/2014  Meet Time: 7:30 AM 

Event Leader 
Ben Otunu
Contact Leader
845-423-0373 Cell

Meet At: Pilot Travel Center, Newburgh NY 
Address: 239 Route 17K , Newburgh , NY  12550 
Directions: From NYC, NJ and all points south Take I-87 (NYS Thruway) North Take exit 17 to I-84 East towards Scranton Take exit 6 to Rt-17 From Danbury and all points east Take I-84 West towards Newburgh Take exit 6 to Rt-17K From Albany and all points north Take I-87 (NYS Thruway) South Take exit 17 to I-84 East towards Danbury Take exit 6 to Rt-17K From Scranton PA and all points west Take I-84 East toward Newburgh Take exit 6 to Rt-17K 

Bigben said:

Directions: From NYC, NJ and all points south Take I-87 (NYS Thruway) North Take exit 17 to I-84 East towards Scranton

Ben, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Scranton is west. There are a few of us heading up from long island, if we do not take the ferry, I'll see if the other folks want to meet up with your group.  :motonoises:

Roger M. said:
Bigben said:

Directions: From NYC, NJ and all points south Take I-87 (NYS Thruway) North Take exit 17 to I-84 East towards Scranton

Ben, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Scranton is west. There are a few of us heading up from long island, if we do not take the ferry, I'll see if the other folks want to meet up with your group.  :motonoises:

My apologies, although technically you can still get to Scranton by heading east, it will just take you a really long time.

We could setup a secondary meeting spot along i-84, somewhere between Danbury and Waterbury so that your team does not have to make any major detours. Anyhow, I was planning to stop in Connecticut for  coffee.  Either way,  I am fine with whatever works for you. I will post up a couple of options for CT meetup location. Please feel free to do the same.

Ben & Roger,

Thank you so much for organizing these rides to the tech day and we look forward to
having you all here for a day of COG fun. See you soon  :great:  :motonoises:

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Ben & Roger,

Thank you so much for organizing these rides to the tech day and we look forward to
having you all here for a day of COG fun. See you soon  :great:  :motonoises:

No problem Pat & Sher.

Roger,

Here are two possible meetup locations unless you decide to meet us at the Pilot station:

Dunkin Donuts
77 Main Street South (US-6)
Southbury, CT
Off exit 15 on I-84
Approximate arrival time is  9am.

Dunkin Donuts
433 Queen Street (CT-10)
Southington, CT
Off exit 32 on I-84
Approximate arrival time is 9:30am

Let me know which one works for you.

Great, thanks Ben. We have a meet & greet here on Long Island this Saturday and I will talk to the other folks and see what the majority want to do. I'll keep you posted.  :great:

Roger M. said:
Great, thanks Ben. We have a meet & greet here on Long Island this Saturday and I will talk to the other folks and see what the majority want to do. I'll keep you posted.  :great:

Cool!  Let me know.

So we're looking at about an 11:00 am arrival time?

Roger, I'd love to make it on Saturday but I have my kids this w/e. (not a bad thing mind you) I trust you guys have it under control. Would be nice to get there a bit earlier but I'm ok with whatever the majority decide on timing/route, etc...Not doing much to the bike unless I see a lot of neat farkles on the swap table!!  >:D

It looks like Abbe and I will cage it tomorrow due to rain forecast for early morning in HV region and additional rain in the afternoon in the Manson area. However, we will still stop at the Pilot Travel Center at 8am and at the DD in Southington at around 9:30am in the event that  you missed this message. Unless it all clears up over night and it's bright and sunny in the AM.

Dunkin Donuts
433 Queen Street (CT-10)
Southington, CT
Off exit 32 on I-84

Ben & Abbe,

Thank you for braving the rain and cold to attend the tech day on your C14. We hope you had
a good time and that your ride home was better then the ride to Monson. Take care and hope
to see you at the tri-aad meet & greet.

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Ben & Abbe,

Thank you for braving the rain and cold to attend the tech day on your C14. We hope you had
a good time and that your ride home was better then the ride to Monson. Take care and hope
to see you at the tri-aad meet & greet.

Thank you for hosting another successful tech day, even with the rain, turn-out was still great. Your guys are the best!!

Hey Ben, it was a pleasure getting to know you better and meeting your wife. Look forward to doing some riding with you guys.  :beerchug:  :motonoises:

Roger M. said:
Hey Ben, it was a pleasure getting to know you better and meeting your wife. Look forward to doing some riding with you guys.  :beerchug:  :motonoises:

No problem Roger.