• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hungry Mother Weekend [VA] Sep 21-24

DustyStrom

Hungry Mother Weekend [VA] 

Interested in the "Back of The Dragon" and other great SWVA riding?  We are heading back to Hungry Mother State Park in September -- won't want to miss this!

We'll set up camp at Hungary Mother SP. Cabins are available (2 night minimum) as are tent sites and there is also a restaurant on site now. Hotels are available in nearby Marion as are numerous eateries. Reserved my cabin at Hungary Mother and recommend early reservations if you want a cabin (I did mine LAST fall). Thursday and Sunday will be travel days and Clyde will put together rides for Friday and Saturday. Plans are to explore the Grayson Highlands area of the state. http://www.stateparks.com/hungry_mother.html

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=239588&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017%2D09%2D24%27%7D

I was just on the State Park website and there are still cabins & tent sites available .....................

jason

if I wasn't already doing RWTW I'd join you.  good luck with it and I hope you have lots of folks sign up.  great location to do both the snake and the back of the dragon in the same weekend!

gsjay said:
I was just on the State Park website and there are still cabins & tent sites available .....................

jason

anyone interested in sharing a cabin?
jason

I booked a cabin..............

These aren't like KOA kabins. They are more like Apartments! Two bedrooms, full kitchen, linens on the beds............

Nice.

I've filled the cabin so if you want one you need to book your own

Jason

Looks like I'm leaving Johnstown Thursday morning heading south............
Will most likely lay up in Wytheville for the night.
Travel Lite Motel, in town is looking promising and cheap. Yell if you want to meet up.
Jason
cog 32

gsjay said:
Looks like I'm leaving Johnstown Thursday morning heading south............
Will most likely lay up in Wytheville for the night.
Travel Lite Motel, in town is looking promising and cheap. Yell if you want to meet up.
Jason
cog 32

Ewwwwwwww

Jay,
travel the extra half hor, and stay at the Econo Lodge in Marion, I've staid there a dozen times, nice people, good price, and Sonic is a stones throw from there.. so is the beverage store.. and good restaurants...
Momma and I easily made it to Hungry Mother, from our house, in time to pick up some beverage, dinner, and stay at a fellow ADV riders house right in the park, at the end of the road that runs along the lake... awesome place...HUGE house, made from a remodeled barn, he turned the stone grain silo into bedrooms and bathrooms.. extremely gorgeous.

Wytheville gives me the heebie geebies... :-\ :-\ :-\
Dona and I checked into, and out of 2 places within minutes... one had bed bugs, the other was a pee pee rug... and the bed looked like the maid just got made...
Third one, iirc Motel 6, up on the hill,nwas ok, untill I noticed an open jar of vasoline on the floor when I went to plug my computer in.. called desk,, maid fame up, and gave us a nice clean fresh room... sans lubricants....
Lended a new meaning for "Tom Bodet leaving the light on for ya"
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ride safe man,

Looking at the list of attendee's shows that this is an Old Timers event..................
they'll be a couple low cog numbers in attendance for sure!

And it doesn't look like there will be many, if any C10's or C14's in the parking lot.

Still time to book those rooms!
Jason

I am seriously looking at this one.  I have ridden the back of the dragon 5 times, and I think Sept would be a great time to do ti.

Hell, I am going to sign up for it, great to be partially retired  ;D  I work 3 days a week to pay for my motorcycle habit, and I can choose the days I want to work  :great:

I am going to sign up now, two weeks after RWTW, I will need a break  :)

What in the hell is wrong with cog.memberize

I cannot get on any area but the north central unless I log in, then I can only get on the SE calendar    :mad:

Anyway, put me down as coming, damn

Well, by clicking on the link the the first post it let me register, but when I click on the people in attendance, it takes me back to the SE calendar  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

We definitely need a new webpage, and I believe that COG is working on such, but damnit man

Is anybody camping and if so is their a specific location I need to look for you.  I will be coming in Thursday afternoon probably around 1pm

Thanks

COGnosticator said:
Is anybody camping and if so is their a specific location I need to look for you.  I will be coming in Thursday afternoon probably around 1pm

Thanks

Stop on the way through town.  I'll buy you a beer for your travels!  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
Well, by clicking on the link the the first post it let me register, but when I click on the people in attendance, it takes me back to the SE calendar  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

We definitely need a new webpage, and I believe that COG is working on such, but damnit man

Yes, if you circle through the process a second time, and go to the Northeast calendar page, it will let you see the list of attendees.
I've learned this the hard way.
Jason

I finally found my way to the attendees but can't remember what I did  ;D

I am looking forward to this

Almost went to Dog Days but decided on the SE rally  :beerchug:

registration at 13...........

Jerry Holland, check you messages.

Clyde's got routes laid out!

Gonna be a fun weekend.

Jason

Looks like I am going to have to withdraw from this one.  :mad:

Too much going on around the house right now.

Jay, I never did PM the guy you sent me the name for a cabin.

Looking for rides?  Check here:  https://tinyurl.com/COG-Hungry-Mother

Clyde was nice enough to layout two routes, and Mike made them into GPS routes -- you can find all that in the Dropbox folder above.

Gonna be a great ride -- I GUARANTEE good weather .... well .. Ok ... I GUARANTEE no HURRICANES!!

Dusty_Strom said:
Looking for rides?  Check here:  https://tinyurl.com/COG-Hungry-Mother

Clyde was nice enough to layout two routes, and Mike made them into GPS routes -- you can find all that in the Dropbox folder above.

Gonna be a great ride -- I GUARANTEE good weather .... well .. Ok ... I GUARANTEE no HURRICANES!!

Neither of Clyde's route goes North on 16 out of Hungry Mother!
I guess I know how I'm going home on Sunday.
1 more day of work.
Jason
cog 32

Off to Hungry Mother this afternoon!  Hope to sync up with the other "COG Horsemen" coming from VA Beach and NORVA along the way .... and everyone at the campsite ---- er --- cabins!

Great weekend, need to do this next year as well. Left Hungary Mother with Roger and Paul at 0700. Paul headed North on I81 when we hit 77 South and headed east, arrived Va Bch at 1430.

It was a GREAT weekend for sure..........

Great roads, and routes!
Man, the 32 miles road at the front door is just awesome!! We rode all or part of it 4 times.

I left Sunday at 8:00 AM, and road 2 lanes the entire 365 miles home. Wow, what a ride!
1225 miles for the weekend....some of the best riding I've done all year.

I'm in for next year. Cabins are a great deal and the WIFI worked great.

jason