• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I cannot see how

frenche

Moped
So, I was going to pull the coupler, but do not understand how or know the correct method. What will work? Just want to do a little cleaning, inspect & grease. Thanks for your help. frenche

Attachments

• 2016-08-02 14.27.40.jpg
    2016-08-02 14.27.40.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 135
You got the snap ring out, that's a start  ;D
It's a pretty close tolerance fit and the rubber dampers (depending how grungy they may or may not be) add some tension. I had a couple of small picks with a 90 degree bend on the end and went in the holes 180 degree's (as much as possible) apart from each other to pull it up evenly.

HTH

My $2.00 Harbor Freight pick set is a little light for this job. Making no progress. Pecked coupler very lightly with small ball peen while pulling with pick. Nada.  What will break loose?

After cleaning as much crap outta the groove as possible, set a folded up towel on the floor.... then set 4 wood blocks on the floor spaced out around the area the outer rim can sit on, maybe pad those also to prevent marring the rim... then, turn the rim upside down, so the hub faces downwards, and lift the rim and slam it down on the blocks.... gravity will assist, it will eventually pop out....after repetative slams, and choice words being uttered... :rotflmao: