• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I got one

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
A silver 2011 followed me home today.  Then proceeded to head out for a 70 mile ride. I think I am going to REALLY like this bike once break in is complete.  :celebrate:

Whimp... traitor... I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is... But I know it's not a nice word  :p

mtc1966 said:
nice . so who did you end up buying from? its a amazing difference isn't it

Willows (they now have a black on too)

Big difference... a lot to acclimate to. 

Hey Dave, don't be a  :sign0099:

Cap'n Bob said:
Congrats!  Where are the pictures!!!!!    :)

I went riding instead of taking pics.  Except for this obligatory one before my riding buds came by...

1262348376_xf8f2TM-M.jpg

nice a clean garage i had to kick my wife's new car out until i get it cleaned. i really need a shed.

mtc1966 said:
nice a clean garage i had to kick my wife's new car out until i get it cleaned. i really need a shed.

clean??  What you see is one small section of a 2-car garage that has not seen a car in there for at least 5 years.

S Smith said:
A silver 2011 followed me home today.  Then proceeded to head out for a 70 mile ride. I think I am going to REALLY like this bike once break in is complete.  :celebrate:

Sweet !!  Congrats !!! :)

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Congratulations Steve, Maybe you can ride it to the tech day next Saturday
if you don't have other plans.

Thanks Pat. Would love to be there, but I am scheduled to teach class that weekend. I seem to have a scheduling every year so far. I promise I'll make it one year.  I have to decide what weekends I want off the week after Thanksgiving, as that is when schedules are submitted. 

Congratulations Steve I know you will enjoy it very much.
See you in Wellsboro you could also ride down to the North South in June.

Russell & Martha

Looks great S Smith, I know it is hard to give up your C-10, it was for me. In fact I just now changed the little pic next to my name, and I have had my C-14 13 months........blanton

Dang Steve, now I got another reason to hate ya..  :-*
Take good care of it.  I may have an 11 some day when the price comes down enough.

Nice. . .  now there are at least two Atomic Silver '14s in the Big Nutmeg. If you see the plate "MOTHRA", that's me, down here in the Panhandle. Tight lines and happy trails. . .

Camper Dave said:
Whimp... traitor... I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is... But I know it's not a nice word  :p

Hmmm ... From the pic it looks more like he is a two-timer.. or maybe a bigamist... greedy works!

Congrats! I first rode a rented C-14 and took long enough between to not remember enough to compare except the power was so smooth you really couldn't tell how quickly you got up past the limit! Liquid Power!! Enjoy and be safe!

doug said:
Camper Dave said:

Hmmm ... From the pic it looks more like he is a two-timer.. or maybe a bigamist... greedy works!

Three-timer...  You can't see the Ninja 250 hidden behind the C14  :)
I'll try to get a better pic.

Prepping to take the bike to Spring Fling means F A R K L E S.  I purchased a Phil's Rack, set up to mount my E52 Givi, and a handlebar RAM mount for the GPS.

smugshot2349694-Th.jpg

IMG0177-S.jpg

ABOUT FREAKIN TIME.......
Now, don't even look at your old bike, put the keys on the dresser, post a "4-SALE" AD, AND SELL IT IMMEDIATLY.....
don't kid yourself and hold onto the old beast, off it a.s.a.p., it is already feeling the pangs of being forced to face the wall in shame......sell....selll....
congrats! :rotflmao:

MAN OF BLUES said:
Now, don't even look at your old bike, put the keys on the dresser, post a "4-SALE" AD, AND SELL IT IMMEDIATLY.....
don't kid yourself and hold onto the old beast, off it a.s.a.p., it is already feeling the pangs of being forced to face the wall in shame......sell....selll....

Thanks, and you're not too far off.  My plan was to use the C10 as a commuter after I got the new one broken in. I've been riding the C14 exclusively for 2 weeks, then took the C10 to teach an ERC this past weekend because weather was calling for bad storms (and I figured the old bike is no stranger to rain).  After riding to/from class I was pretty much convinced the old girl may not get much ride time. After looking at my fuel usage, I may still keep to my plan to use it as a commuter because I found the C10 get a better average fuel economy.  Jury is still out.

Congrats on the new ride, 

Yeah, it always starts out with the best of intentions to keep the old girl for whatever reason (Fuel Mileage, looks, nostalgia, ease of maint etc)  but inevitably you will find you almost never touch her.... :)

Very nice Steve! A big congrats to you!! Yes, nice lid to match, too! Did you buy the helmet to match the bike, or the other way around?  ;)

other way... got the helmet on close out last year.  What can I say. I like silver & anthracite.

S Smith said:
I think I am going to REALLY like this bike once break in is complete.  :celebrate:

Cool! Steve. You now have to come to mike's Ride to Eat this Saturday. See you on the road.

Welcome aboard Steve. Sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner.

The best advice I can give you is to save up some funds for some sort of tip over protection, cause it's not a question of if, but rather when.

GSG Sliders, Top Block, and a RSG all make tip over protection, and there is also an owner working on a custom made product that looks very promising.

The "average" tip over event in your garage will run you about $700 or so. So you can either spend the money in advance to prevent the damage, or wait till it happens and then replace broken parts. In which case you'll still be right back where you started, totally unprotected.

Steve looks like you spent the extra 20 for the givi ready rack. How happy are you with it does it feel real sturdy with the trunk mounted ?

mtc1966 said:
Steve looks like you spent the extra 20 for the givi ready rack. How happy are you with it does it feel real sturdy with the trunk mounted ?

Rock freaking solid.  Been test riding with the case on the last week (in prep for trip to Wellsboro).  Brought my laptop home form work in it tonight without issue.

Well CONGRATS again Steve!

Now there are at LEAST (3) Atomic Silver C14's in the Nutmeg state!  Just picked mine up last wed.

My C10 is GONE!  Mechanical issues made the decision EASY.  Never before has a new bike felt so GOOD immediately! 

This is up at Otis in southern MA:

P10201881.jpg

Way to go  8)
I've thought about a new one but until now there was no silver ( the fastest color) Hmmmm....

S Smith said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

Thanks, and you're not too far off.  My plan was to use the C10 as a commuter after I got the new one broken in. I've been riding the C14 exclusively for 2 weeks, then took the C10 to teach an ERC this past weekend because weather was calling for bad storms (and I figured the old bike is no stranger to rain).  After riding to/from class I was pretty much convinced the old girl may not get much ride time. After looking at my fuel usage, I may still keep to my plan to use it as a commuter because I found the C10 get a better average fuel economy.  Jury is still out.

I thought the similar thing myself, especially because my 86 ran so damned well.....and gave me zeroproblems..(not to mention the hors of labor to get it to that point....), so after a year of it sitting(ok, maybe 6 months), I faced the reality...and sold it. It's the perfect time of year to sell, you should get good $$ for it, and have faith, it takes about 5k miles before the new one will give the "best" milage....now, I say this without having firsthand usage of the "improved" eco modes and such, but don't be tempted to 'sixth gear' this bike in hopes of getting better milage, it doesn't work that way, 'cept @ 70+ on the freeway....let the engine work, let it rev, it loves that stuff, and gives better mpg....now sell that ugly green bike... :))