• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Im new.. And confused..

yojohnnieg

Tricycle
Hi ALL,

I just joined as a basic member till i actually get my bike. Have a deposit on a 2010 with 6200 miles for 12k.. After i went to the NY Show last week i had my doubts so I'm thinking of deep sixing the used 10 for a new 2010 or 2011.. Msrp for a 2011 is 15599.00 (abs of course)what would be a good otd price including all the BS freight and dealer prep charges?  Also id like to say you guys have a awesome group from just checking it out the last few days I'm very impressed. Johnnie

Welcome as a forum subscriber Johnnie. Thanks for checking us out and for the compliment. The Northeast area will get rocking once all this snow melts.

There are some great deals. One guy in Ohio got one for 13.999 + tax.  Troy City Garage (Troy, NY) is advertising 13,999 + 150 freight + 65 prep + tax if you are in NY.

I plan to start price shopping for a 2011.  I have found the limited number of dealers in CT start at MSRP and are on the high end of freight, prep & doc fees.

Thanks Mr Smith,

I just closed the deal 13,000 otd  on a new 2010 (abs) it was a grand more than the used one.

All in all i think its a decent deal..  Pluse ny state sales tax.. That price included freight and what not.

Yeah, you can never forget to pay the Vampire state their cut!  :))  Welcome to the forum and congrats on the C14!

Thanks Cap,

Its my third bike had a BMW R1200C it looked good but was a dog.. Sold that and brought 2004 Harley FLSTC cost me like 24k otd,, sold it after i had the big bore kit done the problem with that was it needed a sixth gear and in 04 they were 5 speeds it was a nice bike looked great couldn't stop for crap..been bike less for a few years now.Been doing lots of research on the Concourse 14 for the price and technology i think its real hard the beat.I never ridden one yet but everyone says they are super comfortable. I was toying around a new Road King but for 20k with abs forgetaboutit. The technology and safety and of course its looks sold me with the concourse.. Hey I'm not knocking Harley's but i think they are years behind in technology and safety.. just my 2 cents lol

I own the sportbike version of a Connie, a ZX14. The new Concours 14 is every bit a ZX14 dressed up for sport touring. It will almost hang with me in the corners, and a good rider will.

You are going to LOVE your Concours. But if you don't, I'll take it off your hands. 

Welcome!

Congrats on the new Connie. I have a red 09 I enjoy. Oh and welcome to the forum. I did the same thing as you.

Wow! Great deal!
It is really awesome to see three new Coggers in this thread. I am new to it as of this past October when a 2006 C10 with 3000 miles beat out a ST1100 I was looking at. A big part of the win of the Concours was the group and support I saw here. Honda is all about the "wing" and the St was a noticable 2nd with them. I talked them down to the same price as the Honda and boy am I glad I did!
Welcome aboard Johnnieg, Privateer and Tim. I just second the emotions you guys have here!

I wasn't aware of this group until i met a fellow at the NY Show a few weeks ago.I think his name was Tom ill have to do a search to find him we were just hanging around the C14 shooting the crap. He was a former BMW owner like myself i noticed his shirt with the COG logo on it and told me all about COG. I find forums and owners groups very helpful I also belong to The 370 Z forums i just purchased a new 2009 370z nismo very cool and fast car.. I did most of my research there, scored a awesome deal on it except i had to fly out to Kansas City and drove it back to Long Island in snow!!  And a big welcome to you guys also and looking forward to sun and some warm weather!!!

Just picked up my new BLACK 2011 ABS yesterday. Paid $13,725 plus all the extras including taxes, registration, prep, etc. The total was a hair over $15,100. There was a "local" dealership advertising $13,400, but they aren't known for great service after the sale, plus it was way out of the way for me.

Would have loved the blue 2010, but the only ABS I could find was a dealer demo for $13,399. Wasn't too sure about the lack of break-in on that bike, so passed.

Well then Congrats are also in order for Wally in addition to the rest of y'all. It's great to see all these new people in one thread. The cool thing about COG is that although the most common thing about the people is motorcycling and of course the Concours as the biggest common denominator! But although COG began as a club for the bike. It's really a club for riders (mostly who own Concours'es) who are into sport tour riding. But even that isn't a rule. Because I've noticed that a lot of people don't even own a Concours any more (If they ever did). A lot of members ride, for example: Gold Wing, ZX14, Sprint ST, Warrior, Nighthawk, BMW GS and of course RT, Honda ST's, FJR's, and many more. But mostly both the older but still great, Concours C10's and newer C14's. The motto of "Come for the bike, but stay for the people", is very true. This is truly IMO, a great club and great bunch of people. So welcome one and all!

Out West here there is a COSTCO deal. I paid $13,809 which is $250 over dealer cost. Then tax and DOC fee's.
AND my wife gets a $250 Gift card at COSTCO......................
I got a SILVER one-NEVER will I own a black bike again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil said:
Out West here there is a COSTCO deal. I paid $13,809 which is $250 over dealer cost. Then tax and DOC fee's.

That's a good deal, without the problematic haggling.

Phil said:

I've had black before, along with a "Wineberry" Gold Wing and a red old school KZ. I do notice that dust shows more on the black, but there is just something about that silver that turns me off. You have to wash it more often, but is that a bad thing? Too bad they don't still have the blue or even the Euro green versions for us to pick from. Those two colors are awsome.

Hi everyone! We're new to this forum and to the Concours. My husband, Mike, just brought home our new blue 2010 yesterday. We ended up getting a great deal for it at $12,400! Unfortunately, there is fresh snow on the ground in MA, so it might be a little while until we can get it out on the road. Not sure where to go first - maybe a day trip to Maine. We'll be checking out this site to see what we can find for feedback on different routes in New England. 

Hey Christine! Welcome aboard! There is a great group up your way and I'm sure you will have plenty of activities once the weather clears up there. You should post on the "Introductions" and you will have many new riding frinds in short order! I think if I was to move into a C14 it would have to be a 10 for that blue as well. I ride a C10 from 2006 that is blue also. Sounds like you guys did get a great deal there! Enjoy your ride.. doug

Welcome Christine. There are plenty of things going on in the NE area as the riding season fires up. I have been hosting a monthly meet & greet in Newburgh NY, if your up for a day trip. The next one is on April 23. Your more than welcome to come join us for lunch and meet some fellow riders. Although I understand that Tyngsboro is a pretty good ride from Newburgh. But it could be a great day of riding!

I just bought a lightly used (4,600 miles) Red 2009 with ABS. I bought it from a private party. The bike was stock except for a 2 Bros. slip on. I have since purchased Pirelli Angel ST's, a Sargent saddle, Throttlemeister, rear rack with passenger backrest, helmet locks and Tech Spec tank grips and tank protector. I still saved thousands over what the new, unfarkled, blue 2010 non-abs that I was also considering would have cost me. I do love the blue and better heat management of the 2010 but savings AND ABS won out at the end of the day. Besides, I live in Michigan so the heat will be welcome at least 4 months of the riding season  ;D.

If anyone is in my area and interested in riding please give me a shout

I just picked up my silver 2011 Connie for $14,800 out the door. Had to haggle a bit with a competing dealer out of town but when they gave me a good price, I turned it in to a local deal.  Looking forward to chatting more and possibly meetin' some of y'all in Central Texas sometime.
^-^

SB

:welcome:

To all who just joined ....Now we will be glad to help you spend some more money  >:D