• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Impulse Buy?

I just signed the paperwork on a 2011 Concours and will pick it up in an hour.  I wasn't planning on buying today but I am glad I did.  I have one question.  It is my understanding that they have discontinued the non-abs model?  This bike doesn't have any badges on it that say abs and the dealer assures me it is an abs bike.  Is there a way to tell or is the fact that it is a 2011 guarantee the abs?

The easiest way to make sure. There is an ABS light on one of the gages. I forget if it is the speedo or the tach. But I'm pretty sure it's the tach.

Was just at the dealer yesterday .... on the front fender sticker, in itty bitty teeny tiny letters amongs all the other lettering is ABS. At least on the 2011.

and it would be on the Tach guage that the ABS light is located.

S Smith said:
Only ABS version is available for 2011.

True! Let's take a moment and tip our hats to Kawasaki for moving to ABS on all the C14s. Those of us who have shopped other models, notably the Honda Goldwing, have noted that ABS is only available as part of a pricey option package. On the Goldwing one has to buy Navi, etc to get ABS.  Kudos to Mama K for building it in to each and every C14.

Kawasaki is still making a 2011 non-ABS C14, but I don't believe any of them are being imported into the US.

speedwgn said:
S Smith said:
Only ABS version is available for 2011.

True! Let's take a moment and tip our hats to Kawasaki for moving to ABS on all the C14s. Those of us who have shopped other models, notably the Honda Goldwing, have noted that ABS is only available as part of a pricey option package. On the Goldwing one has to buy Navi, etc to get ABS.  Kudos to Mama K for building it in to each and every C14.

+1