• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Installing gas tube

slowcat

Does anyone know how this blue/green connector releases? It's the clip that attaches to the gas hose to the gas tank and squeezing or pushing down doesn't have any effect. The pull tab thingy can be removed but the inner clip seems unmoveable. It's for a 2016 c-14.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• 20230624_085925.jpg
    20230624_085925.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230624_085913.jpg
    20230624_085913.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 64
I'd have to see it myself to be sure, but on most of those, you pull UP on the top part to release and push down to lock it. Look inside it while pulling and pushing on the top and see if you can see the locking tabs inside of it move.

Thanks!

After the fact, I figured out the blue pull tab thingy protects the locking mechanism during shipping. I took the pull tab off and pressed the end of the tube onto the gas nipple, and pushed the clip to lock it onto the pipe. To take it off, use a flat bladed screw driver to wiggle the greenish clip up and the hose pulls right off. Easy peasy. The locking clip won't move until the tube is installed and fully pressed into place.

Slowcat, you are correct. I had the same issue when I replaced my fuel line on my 2009 Connie. It is a shipping component that protects the locking ring. Take it off....