• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

International Motorcycle Show - Chicago

JimClem

Moped
The show will be Feb 13th thru the 15th next year. They scheduled it over Valentines Day, guess my guys outing to the show followed by dinner at the Tilted Kilt is in jeopardy!
What if I tell her I'm shopping for a more comfortable seat... for her?
Wish me luck!

Just received a postcard from Progressive for the show. If you order your tickets on-line at Motorcycleshows.com you can save $3.00 a ticket by using discount code IMS15S

I just discovered the Valentine's Day conflict too. After missing Valentine's Day for 17 years straight due to a job obligation, we now keep that day pretty sacred. So my weekend trip to visit my brother and do the show is off. Instead, I'm making a day trip of it on Sunday.

I will be there on Saturday, and some riding buddies from Wisconsin, they're bringing their girlfriend's and I'm bringing my wife, works out great, bike show and valentines day. Mama's happy and I'm happy! After the show its a few weeks from riding season  again  :)

bajakirch said:
Instead, I'm making a day trip of it on Sunday.

I will keep that in mind, Jeff, should I make it down that day instead.

Would like to go with the Wife but she is thinking of visiting a new GrandDaughter in GB instead.  Priorities, priorities....

Went to the show today, really like the green, wife hates it. The touring seat feels much better than the seat that came on my 2012, wider and doesn't push you forward.
I  was supposed to go to the show yesterday, left home at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get there until 5:30, 200mi.in 9hrs! We got about half way there and the next thing we knew, the wind picked up and the snow blew, first time I ever was in a complete white out, holy sh**! Next thing we new we were stopped twice for 2hrs each time, vehicle's everywhere!  The thing I don't get is with so many semi's jacknifed, they didn't slow down , they would blow by even when you couldn't see a thing in front of you, crazy! So we drove home today, blue skies, clear roads, and 2 degrees, took 3:45mins. What a weekend,  can't wait to get my Connie out

Glad you made it home safe, you definitely were more determined then I would have been!
I like the green as well, think it will be a memorable color, we'll alll recognize it as a 2015!

Thanks Clem, we were almost half way there and figured we might as well go the rest of the way hoping it would get better than driving back through what we went through. Had friends from Milwaukee and north Carolina there also, so when we got there we blew off the show for Saturday and had a few drinks. Had a great time with them and went to the show  with the Mrs. Sunday. Ended up being a good weekend.