• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is it my fault, or hers? Mine I know....

kznny

Tricycle
Bought the house as a foreclosure so the yard is a bit rough, and has some minor holes along the side of the driveway, plus the driveway and yard just sort of merge. I am 6'3 with a 35 inch inseam, so I have zero problems flat footing a bike. As I was backing the bike down while straddling it, I began to turn it perpendicular to the driveway, so I could then turn the wheel and have it begin to go down the driveway forwards. (A backwards Y) Just as I was about stop the bike (now perpendicular to the driveway), my wife called me from the open upstairs window to ask me where I was going. I looked up, the rear tire went off the driveway into a small depression in the yard, and despite 3 seconds of desperate grunting and pulling, slowly sank to the asphalt - while she was watching. Bike was uninjured but scratched on the lower fairing - the wonderful mirror folded and also suffered minor scratches. My pride was not so lucky. Happy no there was damage, but for a 99 my Connie was pristine, I feel like I let down all before me who took such good care of her. Oh, I picked it up in one shot, fueled by my anger at my stupidity. 1983 Yahama XS650 Heritage Special (Sold)
1989 Honda VTR250 Interceptor
1982 Honda GL500 Silver Wing
1999 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000

Well, look at it this way, you have made her your own. All relationships have ups and downs,maybe the reason she was so pristine is that she spent most of her time in the garage. If your gonna ride then sometimes your gonna slide. Welcome to the club - at least it was in the semi-privacy of your driveway, I dropped Ms.GoldRush in library parking lot. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Kenny, CDA0323. Once she starts to go past the point of no return, there is no stopping her. Gravity wins every time! Know thine driveway and yard. :) Glad to hear minimal damage but always check those foot pegs for hairline cracks. They bust off at the worst of times. Greg H from Mass Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle" 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z