• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

It's finally here! (Clearview windshield)

nomoreusmc6802

I hate my windshield. It makes my bike look old and crappy. The first part I ordered for the bike was this Clearview windshield. Made in Colorado, custom made one at a time by a vet. Being a vet myself I support American veteran owned business because I used to work for one making custom Harley parts and I love to support my brothers. It's a recurve gt model (+2wide +1tall). I bet it takes 10 years off the look of the bike. 1000002644.jpg1000002647.jpg

Last edited:
1000002651.jpg
The new one is clearer with the protective film on it than the old one. This one is twice as thick and 3 times as stiff. Fit with no adjustment, no fileing, no holes to drill, included hardware and bushings where perfect, and new well nuts. Performance review tomorrow. So far, very pleased with Clearview windshields, excellent craftsmanship and service. With my military discount it was 172$ plus shipping

Very nice improvement looks great . The bugs alone could take off 10 years. Nice to support our vets.
I have a Rifle on order. They are backlogged a month. Been 3 weeks so far. 2 inches wider and 19 inch tall.

Dean

Very nice improvement looks great . The bugs alone could take off 10 years. Nice to support our vets.
I have a Rifle on order. They are backlogged a month. Been 3 weeks so far. 2 inches wider and 19 inch tall.

Dean
This one is 21 tall. And I put 680 mes on her this weekend. Bugs happen, especially around here. With the super wet spring we have had everything is blooming or breeding.

ALABAMA, Has those black bugs. I have ran into them so hard they were in my mouth. Much less all over my bike. I was in a hail storm one time and they were 1 inch round ice balls hitting my 98 Valkyrie with vengeance. I took my leather jacket off and covered the windshield with it and laid down on the tank & prayed. It lasted about 3 minutes. I had some minor damage but nothing serious. Thank you for your service also.

Dean

Reactions: Bud
Spray your windshields/visors with Lemon Pledge.
Bugs will come off a lot easier and your bike will smell better.

Ride safe, Ted
I laughed when I read that on the paperwork that was included in the windshield. Didn't think much of it, but I'll give it a go. I always used bugslide on my Harley but that stuff is higher than Willie Nelson smoking with Snoop Dogg.

I've been using the Lemon Pledge for years. Works good.
Ya just have to watch out for swarming Honey Bees when you stop.

Higher than,,,,,, :ROFLMAO:

Ride safe, Ted

Ok post ride review. Compared to the old windshield..... Hands down a huge upgrade. Was very still behind the windshield and I could poke my head up(use good posture šŸ˜€) and get some breeze if I wanted it or normal to smoke a cigarette and not have the wind smoke it for you. The ashes go forward strangely enough. Windshield didn't move at all. Which ment a smoother ride cause the fairings didn't shake. Air envelope was about the same to 80, and got smaller to about 110 where I stopped. Didn't come across any semi's but I will add that when I go twords town. Overall impressed with finish, workmanship, and results. Super clear and the only fault I find is that you have to pull the windshield to get the plastic off all the way. Marks on the windshield are from removing the plastic.1000002654.jpg1000002655.jpg

I think you can put a vent in your windshield. You made the rt choice it looks great. Vent would be nice on hot days.
You are rt also it is sure clear looking thru it. Beautiful

Dean