• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

kaw tippin in the U.P

shockc14

Tricycle
It started in may first trip to U.P in michigan.trip was great sun,rain,wind,snow,and lots more wind.came down state for some warmer weather day before we were going back to work.went to a camp ground to stay at a site and hang out for the nite .well I coundnt find the site so parked my (then almost new 3000miles on it) bike ...on a very rough 25yr old pitted ashpalt.walked into feild to get cell phone sig. about 50' away when I heard the sickest sound I can remember hearing ...CRUNCH CRACK CLUNK.looked to see front wheel still spining ouch that hurt.6000$ in damage 3week later went back up north to get bike and finish trip .couldnt drive it broke peg stay left side and shift linkage and lots of plastic but mirror didnt break off but was toast.ALWAYS PARK IN GEAR Joe Shock

I always leave mine in gear. Except when I brought mine home on a trailer for the first time. For some reason I forgot to pop it in gear after I rolled it off the trailer. Then it rolled forward as I went to walk away. I couldn't hold it up and over it went. $4,200 damage on a bike with .2 miles on it. Boy did that hurt!!!!! Moral of the story, always leave it in gear when parked. Welcome to the club. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

Joe, CDA0322. Oh the humanity!!! Glad to hear it is all back together and you are riding her again. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z