• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki Is Working On A Four-Wheel Motorcycle And We’re Confused---Me too

That.... thing is Not a motorcycle. It's more closely related to a Rascal or Hoveround or whichever mobility scooter you prefer.

Sheesh, next thing ya know it'll have a lube strip and a piece of rubber to lift the hairs. 🤣🤣

HeavyRotation said:
That.... thing is Not a motorcycle. It's more closely related to a Rascal or Hoveround or whichever mobility scooter you prefer.

I'm only on my 3rd Kawa, but watching them over the years (almost bought an H1 new...) I've long suspected that a good portion of their projects are just to prove they can do it -- and then get someone to buy it... Not implying "bad" products, just an engineering department with few corporate constraints... I mean let's face it Kawasaki Heavy Industries doesn't need Kawasaki motorcycle to be terribly profitable -- I suspect half the stuff is just for fun...

I don't see myself buying one.  I'm quite happy with what I've got. 

I can see some benefits, mainly in wet/icy traction.  If you could get the benefits of the Nikken with it's dual front wheels and the stability that gives, plus add two wheels in the rear for additional traction...but keep the motorcycle feel...

The difference between two rear wheels and some of the bikes with huge wide rear wheels, is not that large.

And if you're a motorcycle tire manufacturer...you see 25-50% increased profits.

Chris

dcstrng said:
HeavyRotation said:

I'm only on my 3rd Kawa, but watching them over the years (almost bought an H1 new...) I've long suspected that a good portion of their projects are just to prove they can do it -- and then get someone to buy it... Not implying "bad" products, just an engineering department with few corporate constraints... I mean let's face it Kawasaki Heavy Industries doesn't need Kawasaki motorcycle to be terribly profitable -- I suspect half the stuff is just for fun...

Looks like they are having loads of fun building the C-14!

c14assembly1.jpg

c14assembly2.jpg

c14assembly3.jpg

c14assembly4.jpg

They are having zero problems plugging those electrical connectors together.  Us a few years later trying to pull them apart is a different story!

4Bikes said:
I’m not buying it unless it has KIPASS.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: