• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki Ninja H2SX? H2GT?

Not Ninja 1000 mufflers. Those are stock H2 mufflers.

Yea, pretty horrid photoshop all the same.

I won't nibble on the negative....Im excited to see Kawi putting out a new Sport Touring model.

We are LONG overdue for a proper upgrade.

THE only thing I see as a negative (and its minor) is the loss of the 1400cc motor in favor of the 1000cc mill.
I get it: lighter, less reciprocating mass, better economy, more power with the Supercharger.

But as they say....there is no replacement for DISplacement!  :motonoises:

November 11th.  Couch and popcorn.

gr

One thing I don't get is: If Kawi has been producing the concours (2nd and 3rd gen) for almost 10 yrs now combined, and they know the issues the riders (us) have had with it (Windscreen being crap, the handlebars always need some sort of tuning, the seat needs to be more touring and less sports, no wonder so many of us changed the seat), Cruise control is a must of course... What are they waiting on to make this changes to the newer models?

I honestly hope mama Kawi will listen to us for once!  :mad:

Aside from that, I'm with Ted on this one, looks awesome, although I really enjoy the 1400 mill, wonder how much buzziness (if more is even possible) will this new "concours" have!

Looks really nice. Way outside of my price range though. I do look forward to seeing one at motorcycle show or dealer.

ghostrider990 said:
I won't nibble on the negative....Im excited to see Kawi putting out a new Sport Touring model.

We are LONG overdue for a proper upgrade.

THE only thing I see as a negative (and its minor) is the loss of the 1400cc motor in favor of the 1000cc mill.
I get it: lighter, less reciprocating mass, better economy, more power with the Supercharger.

But as they say....there is no replacement for DISplacement!  :motonoises:

November 11th.  Couch and popcorn.

gr

What made you think it was a 1000 motor? That picture is going to be nothing like the bike that comes out. No way Kawasaki cobbled a bunch of parts. With the trend of Sport Touring Bikes having bigger motors I doubt it will be a 1000cc. I think they wait this long to get so many things right at a price competitive level and a platform that can continue for a decade. Looking forward to shoot out comparisons to the other brands like when the 2008 came out. A Supercharged, shaft drive, sport touring, 180 hp motorcycle that can go to the track and run sub 10 second 1/4 mile and then pick up your Wife and head across the country in comfort. looking forward to the reveal. I guess ZG is going to have to sell the Goldwing.

ConcoursKZ - I take it you are thinking this is a replacement for the C-14, not another model added to the line?

gsun said:
ConcoursKZ - I take it you are thinking this is a replacement for the C-14, not another model added to the line?
For what it's worth, I believe Kawasaki brought out the 1200 Voyager before they dropped the 1300 6 cylinder Voyager.

gsun said:

I think it will be Gen 4 of the Concours. They seem to be very patient about change and they like to jump ahead of the competition and then let them catch up. Build and make adjustments to a new model for several years, keep the price down, let things settle and then make a new model.

If it is a 1000cc maybe they will lighten the bike up by a 150 lbs or so. That would be nice. Let's see if it's as good a tourer as the C-14. Hopefully that exhaust will change - that will cook the bag! I know, it's just a mock up.

gsun said:

If it's a replacement for anything, the Ninja 1000 would be more likely

ConcoursKZ said:
A Supercharged, shaft drive, sport touring, 180 hp motorcycle that can go to the track and run sub 10 second 1/4 mile and then pick up your Wife and head across the country in comfort. looking forward to the reveal. I guess ZG is going to have to sell the Goldwing.

:)  ;)

bobgroger said:
There was a lot of talk about this retro 900 last year, maybe now it is real. I had my wallet out, but then they released the Transformer version Z900  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHf636IO_c0  I bought my first new bike in '76, a green KZ900

And here we go again, with youtube b/s versions of Motorcycle "News",s hay look at this... projections and fudge...
Man, that magazine has done more to inflate heads than it has to promote reality lately...
The best part is the rediculous "electronic goice synthesis" used to read a script of words, some actually incorrectly, because they were too cheap to have a "human" voice... starts marrooooon.. MCN is on my list as a new "non source" for reality..

I'm sure glad I have a 1978 KZ1000B1 Ltd. Sitting in my garage still, which I bought back in 1979.
Yes, its in my bottom photo lineup ...

MAN OF BLUES said:
bobgroger said:
There was a lot of talk about this retro 900 last year, maybe now it is real. I had my wallet out, but then they released the Transformer version Z900  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHf636IO_c0  I bought my first new bike in '76, a green KZ900

And here we go again, with youtube b/s versions of Motorcycle "News",s hay look at this... projections and fudge...
Man, that magazine has done more to inflate heads than it has to promote reality lately...
The best part is the rediculous "electronic goice synthesis" used to read a script of words, some actually incorrectly, because they were too cheap to have a "human" voice... starts marrooooon.. MCN is on my list as a new "non source" for reality..

I'm sure glad I have a 1978 KZ1000B1 Ltd. Sitting in my garage still, which I bought back in 1979.
Yes, its in my bottom photo lineup ...

How about an "official" Kawasaki teaser for 2018? Not exactly as leaked but the best retro attempt so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uABL88z4JMA

...December issue of Young Machine...

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Kawasaki-Ninja-H2-GT-1-e1507207368778.jpg
    Kawasaki-Ninja-H2-GT-1-e1507207368778.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 107
...just a few pics... until tomorrow.

Attachments

• kawasaki_kecs.jpeg
    kawasaki_kecs.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 99
  • h2sx-01.jpg
    h2sx-01.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 105
  • h2sx-02.jpg
    h2sx-02.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 102
Motorcycle Consumer News was not very far off in their predictions.  I don't think this new bike competes with the Goldwing, BMW 1600, or even the FJR or Concours.    A different class of sport touring.

Roger B said:
Motorcycle Consumer News was not very far off in their predictions.  I don't think this new bike competes with the Goldwing, BMW 1600, or even the FJR or Concours.    A different class of sport touring.

Competes with the Super Duke GT, IMO. (SPORT-touring - loaded, fast ass sport bike with hard luggage. Though, the ergos are more aggressive on the SX than the SDGT)

Doesn't look like a bike you're going to log 700 mile days on without some modifications.  But definitely like the look of it.

Akumu said:
Competes with the Super Duke GT, IMO. (SPORT-touring - loaded, fast a** sport bike with hard luggage. Though, the ergos are more aggressive on the SX than the SDGT)

:iagree: +1...

Man that would be fun to ride!  :motonoises:

I'm disappointed in the side cases though, they look to be the same ones from the Ninja 1000, which aren't very great IMO, you'd think for that much $ they'd design something new and specific to this bike.  :??:

It has cruise! Got my vote. Thinking those long days wouldn't be possible though.

ZG said:
Akumu said:
Competes with the Super Duke GT, IMO. (SPORT-touring - loaded, fast a** sport bike with hard luggage. Though, the ergos are more aggressive on the SX than the SDGT)

:iagree: +1...

Man that would be fun to ride!  :motonoises:

I'm disappointed in the side cases though, they look to be the same ones from the Ninja 1000, which aren't very great IMO, you'd think for that much $ they'd design something new and specific to this bike.  :??:

Honestly, it needs to save money somewhere. This is going to be an expensive ride, and would be more expensive if it had it's own custom luggage made for it. My friend has never had any complaints about the N1K luggage. 28 Liter bags are only slightly smaller than the 30 Liter C14 bags, though they are shaped a bit differently.

I'm definite on board for one of these in, like, 3-4 years. :p  If I can sport-tour on my damned Tuono, this thing will be a dream, by comparison.

I might be onboard in a couple years also.  This may spur more bikes like this from other manufacturers, especially from Suzuki and Yamaha. 

SATXRIDER said:
Doesn't look like a bike you're going to log 700 mile days on without some modifications.  But definitely like the look of it.

You can still do 700 mile days, you will just have to do them a little faster!  😀

https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-kawasaki-h2-sx-sport-tourer-debut

kawasaki-h2-sx-top.jpg

ninja_h2_sx_se_-_details_15.jpg

ninja_h2_sx_se_-_details_18.jpg

SOOPERCHARGER!!!!!
KIPASS-KAPUTIN
Cruise Control

The fairing retains the H2 character lines but is rounder, larger, and features a taller windscreen on the top-spec model.
The tradition continues Shes a portly one but moves
I like it

Harry Martin said:
Okay, nice color. What happened to the shaft?  :(

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana:

They give that to you when you sign the papers and pay the price..... and realize in 3 years, it ain't worth 1/3 of what you paid....
:motonoises: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Somehow I don't see my wife being 64 and me being 63, next season, riding something like that trying to cover multiple 500 mile days... which we do now on the C14... or, adding a trailer hitch for a camping ride....

Be safe you young kids... AND STAY OFF MY LAWN.... :))

http://youtu.be/54BCLYNkFKg

It's a bed @@s bitch for sure but at just south of $30,000 I think I would go with a Motus.

Grant said:
It's a bed @@s bitch for sure but at just south of $30,000 I think I would go with a Motus.

Base 20k
SE    22k
Motus 30k

I'd take the Kawi, even though I love a V4.

Its interesting to see people talk about this bike. I think we, concours 14 owners and Ninja 1000 owners have to be who this bike is built for.

So far, Ive seen 2 people say they are interested in it and will go to the shop to see one as soon as it arrives.

The Ninja 1000 people appear to value the lighter weight of their machines...and you can get a Ninja 1000 down to around 470lbs with an exhaust system. Most people have that as well as a reflash...they are not willing to gain 100lbs, even if that does come with more power.

And us concours owners can look at this new h2 and see we have better wind protection and comfort. Thats not even mentioning better bags.

It will be interesting to see how well this machine sells.

rcannon409 said:
Its interesting to see people talk about this bike. I think we, concours 14 owners and Ninja 1000 owners have to be who this bike is built for.

So far, Ive seen 2 people say they are interested in it and will go to the shop to see one as soon as it arrives.

The Ninja 1000 people appear to value the lighter weight of their machines...and you can get a Ninja 1000 down to around 470lbs with an exhaust system. Most people have that as well as a reflash...they are not willing to gain 100lbs, even if that does come with more power.

And us concours owners can look at this new h2 and see we have better wind protection and comfort. Thats not even mentioning better bags.

It will be interesting to see how well this machine sells.

This being said shows what an amazing job Kawasaki did on the Concours. We riders of Concours demand a lot for sure, power, handling and comfort all at a relatively low price. We are certainly not easily pleased, yet may of us are happiest on a bike Ma Kawasaki debuted in 1986 and remained almost unchanged for 20 years. It's tuff to improve on perfection yet the majority of us would agree Kawasaki did it again with the C-14. Kawasaki delivered a BMW experience at almost a third the price bringing a luxury that many of us would otherwise not be able to afford or at least justify the expenditure.

Sat on one at the cycle show yesterday.  Ergos are pretty tight.  I think if they take it one more step and add some more fairing, higher handle bars, lower pegs, and most of all shaft drive then they will once again have a bike that competes with the FJR and the BMW R1200RT. Will they do it. I am very doubtful.  All I had to do was look down the row with all the various types of Versys and I could see that is where the R&D is being spent.