• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700

Will soon be adding a Full-Dresser to the stable to give The Connie some company in the garage. Willing top consider all makes and models, but Passenger comfort and room, plus Price will be the main considerations.
Anyone have any experiences with the Vulcan Voyager 1700, either good or bad? I did a demo-ride in Daytona when it came out, but My Wife wasn't there to try it.
The MSRP for a new one is very attractive. Few Dealers near me have one in stock though (Upstate South Carolina)

My buddy has one. He rode to Idaho from Vancouver with me last month. Did really well and she seemed very comfortable. He does pretty well on it too. When we ride to eat solo, he can corner quite nicely. Not quite the milage that the C14 gets.

Will be interested to read your impression of the 1700.  Had a 1500 Nomad for 100K miles and it was a good, reliable bike, and deceptively good at cornering for such a boat – also deceptively large (was a few inches larger than the HD Ultra I had at the same time).  Assuming the seat fits you, 1000 miles days become routine, and I can’t image that the 1700 would be anything but even better at it… Only negative I had with the Nad was fuel mileage – seldom better than 36-37mpg, and on occasion would drop into the high 20s…

Don't forget tires Had a Nomad 1600, Beautiful bike, lousy seat but loved to run at 75MPH all day. Had a shaft drive then. Finding tires that lasted more than a few thousand miles was a job. Cupping front and rear happened quickly. Best tire for me was the Dunlop elite 3, normally fitted to a Goldwing. Ran air pressure at 4-6 LBS. over recommended air pressure.

I ran Metz 880s on my Nad -- front typically went 22-24K miles, rear 16K or so... but a lot of my miles were either open-road or commuting in stop and go traffic... both pretty easy on tires unless the rider gets impatient...

Don't think I'll ever own another Dunlap on purpose, but lots of folks love `em... (I'm among those whose mileage varied...)

I believe them to be pretty good, two up cruisers and one of the great things about them is you can get lightly used ones for reasonable money.