• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kit Bike - Starter Engine

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Anybody looking for a replacement engine for thier Connie?  Not sure if it would work easily but I imagine it would be possible to drop in a Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 300 just to putter around.

"At the heart of the Ultra 300X is a monstrous 1,498cc inline-four DOHC engine that produces around 300 horsepower. Built in to assist the engine is a high-tech Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) roots supercharger and Kawasaki’s Electronic Throttle Valve System, both of which help channel Ultra 300X’s tremendous power exactly where and how a rider wants it."

2012-kawasaki-jet-ski-ult-16_460x0w.jpg

Calling Dr. Dan, Dr. Colin, Dr. Rev...  Calling Dr. Dan, Dr. Colin, Dr. Rev...  :beerchug:

A couple of years ago we were vactioning in Barbadous and I drove one of those turbocharger Kawasaki water bikes for about an hour or so.  Let me tell you these things flat out fly, especially on the take off.  I was double and sometimes triple jumping waves!!

Makes my little JS440 look pretty weak by comparison.  I can pick mine up, though, so there! 

What I'd like to do is convert mine to electric.  Making a lithium pack that's safe for immersion might be a problem, though.