• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Loaner C10 For Nat'l Rally

richreed701

I have an extra C10 in good shape that I can loan out to any COG member who lives "back east" who wants to attend the Nation Rally in Oregon this year but for one reason or another can't ride to and from. I live in Seattle, a day's ride from the rally site, so a round trip airline ticket to Seattle is all you need.

There are some caveats and catches and some crossing my palm with silver (fully refundable deposit) and other items of discussion, so if interested drop me an email. My address in the directory is current.

Rich Reed
COG #7
Life Member

I am kind of surprised that no one has responded yet, but then again, we bought these bikes to ride. Right? So, here's the deal.

I am retired, and one of the things that keeps me occupied and happy is hanging out on craigslist, spotting bikes that interest me, bringing them home, fixing them up (not a full restoration but definitely getting them road-worthy), and selling them on. Sometimes I actually make a buck. I have limited room in my shop and garage for only 4 bikes, 2 of which are my keepers. The Concours is not, as at my age, it is just too darn big and heavy. So, unless I get some interest in borrowing the Connie for the Nat'l Rally by the end of March, I will put her up for sale.

Photos and details of the bike are available to anyone who sends me an email.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to Rich up on this kind offer.

As much I would love to fly out to Seattle, meet Rich, pickup the bike, and head straight west to the coast and take a couple of day’s riding south down the Pacific Coast Highway ( a bucket list item) to the national. Spend time riding that area, meeting some of the local boys and getting route suggestions for heading back north to Seattle…. that would be fantastic. Yeah, I thought hard about it.

My health won’t allow it.
That’s why I’ve towed my bike to the nationals I’ve been to.

Cet la vie

Unfortunately, I’m not able to Rich up on this kind offer.

As much I would love to fly out to Seattle, meet Rich, pickup the bike, and head straight west to the coast and take a couple of day’s riding south down the Pacific Coast Highway ( a bucket list item) to the national. Spend time riding that area, meeting some of the local boys and getting route suggestions for heading back north to Seattle…. that would be fantastic. Yeah, I thought hard about it.

My health won’t allow it.
That’s why I’ve towed my bike to the nationals I’ve been to.

Cet la vie
Bummer, Bob, but I understand. One of the reasons the Connie is available to loan out is that (a) the "Ritus brothers, Bert and Art," have moved into my body, (b) I seemed to have shrunk a full 2 inches since my Army days so the bike is taller now (c) them 7.5 gallons way up high is a hassle to handle in the driveway (d) I no longer need to burn up 600 to 700 miles of highway between sunup and sundown. So, for any of you younger guys out there (50's and 60's) that want to attend the Nat'l but are cramped for time, here's a deal for you.