• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
The new software threw a curveball at me. I got used to having to log in when going from the Forum to the website to register for a ride, but tonight I had to log in twice. The first time was to look at the list of events, but when I clicked the button to register for the ride I'm leading in June I had to log in again. What's up with that?

AFAIK there is no requirement to log in to the main website to view the list of events. Registering as member requires being logged in. System glitches can happen, but I have not experienced what you have described, and I use the web services plenty.
COG tech infrastructure uses more than one web server and a pseudo SSO between forum and main webpages, with the latter being the authentication database. Login between them is not sync'd, so it is possible to be logged in/out on one and not the other. Most web systems have security policies that will not allow users to remain logged in indefinitely. This is how I tell if I'm logged in on COG systems...
When not logged in on website - upper left will have LOG IN button, rather than my name.
When not logged in on Forum - upper right, below calendar is LOG IN button rather than my Username.