• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Long Beach MC show

raulb

Bicycle
I went to the Long Beach Cycle World MC Show on Saturday with Three other motorcyclists, who came down from Central California for the show. One used to be a die hard Honda owner, but now owns a '05 FJR. He is unhappy with the FJR and looking for something new. One is a sport bike owner. One, I have no clue what he owns but is looking for a KLR or V-Strom. Although we did not get there in time to get test rides, the unbiased conclusion of 3 of us was that the '10 Connie was the best bike at the show. The other guy is too short to reach the ground on the Connie. There were other bikes that the guys liked, but the three of us all mentioned the C-14 at being the nicest and most comfortable, even the guy with long legs! Generally the other two agreed with me that the C-14 seating and peg positions were really comfortable--much more so than my C-10-- that you don't have to lean forward very much, and that has the absolute best price for what you get. The new FJR has not changed. No one was impressed by anything Honda offered, especially because of the small tanks. I also liked the Royal Enfield Bullet, which is now legal in California, primarily because they are still pretty inexpensive. Oh, I did hear some guy complain that he didn't like the C-14 because it was blue and all of his riding equipment is red. _____________________________________ raulb
2778924997_18b8813caf_t.j  pg
2003 Connie COG #6043 CDA #281 AMA #699463 "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are." --Red Green, "The New Red