• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Love the PR3+Commander II combo, but...

dboogie2288

I just dont feel like they mesh well on the bike. I've had them on for about 2 or 3 years now, and I love the mileage and wear, but I'm just not at all comfortable cornering on the bike with them. I put BT45s on my project bike last year, and liked them pretty well....however I used BT45s a few years ago and only got like a year of use out of them. Are there any decent higher mileage tires that handle at least a little better?

I am pretty happy with my Pilot Activ front Commander II rear combo. All the guys chasing me said it seemed to work well. :) I can hang with my brother on his 13' Ninja 1000 in the mountains on this tire combo.

I am running a PR2 up front with a Shinko 777 on the rear. Might not be the best combo, but I have found it to be pretty darn good and predictable. Have had mostly slab miles on the set, but also road the hills in Utah at a rally, and they stuck real well. I have just crossed the 10,000 mile marker with the set, and there is still good tread on front and rear, and all of these miles were riding 2 up, with the trunk and bags carrying stuff. Never thought I would even think this, but I am  impressed with the Shinko 777.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
I am running a PR2 up front with a Shinko 777 on the rear. Might not be the best combo, but I have found it to be pretty darn good and predictable. Have had mostly slab miles on the set, but also road the hills in Utah at a rally, and they stuck real well. I have just crossed the 10,000 mile marker with the set, and there is still good tread on front and rear, and all of these miles were riding 2 up, with the trunk and bags carrying stuff. Never thought I would even think this, but I am  impressed with the Shinko 777.

Kim,

10k plus on the 777...Wow!  Can't wait to get mine mounted up!

I was getting somewhere between 10-12 k miles out of the 777 on the rear. I chewed through probably at least eight of them. Teamed with a PR3 in front it was about the best combo for me. I scraped foot pegs from time to time so they must work.  :motonoises: :great:

Avons for me do not exist.

Skol.