• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Malibu Hills With Twists, Views, and Lunch. Saturday, May 17th.

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Good Afternoon All!

Those that want to go through the back hills of Malibu and beyond. Let’s meet at the Starbucks on the east side of Topanga Blvd (Highway 27) at 9:30am. It is on the South side of the 101. Top off your tanks before you get there. We should leave Starbucks no later than 10am. We can discuss the places we need to ride and not want to miss before we go.

I am coming from Orange County. If anyone wants to ride up with me let me know. I was thinking of meeting in Long Beach, but it could be any place on the way up.

Should cool off Saturday……Malibu-high 80 Woodland Hills-88. Still warm but should be nice and clear!

Send me a quick e-mail if you are going. No worries if you cannot.

Russ

Here's some pictures from the day...  Looks like a great time that included some twisty roads, great food, and a few tourist stops.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Kap said:
Here's some pictures from the day...  Looks like a great time that included some twisty roads, great food, and a few tourist stops.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
Great ride on Saturday! Finally the heat went away and we just rode the canyons above Malibu for over 2 hours. Up and down and across, with a stop at The Rock Store!. Jimmy suggested a great place for lunch in Newbury Park and it was super. Huge portions! After that feast we drove over to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. If you have never been, check it out, it is very cool!  From there we went our separate ways home. Just a good day for a ride with people that love to ride.

Riders included David, Jimmy, John, Chris and myself. (3) C14's, (1) C10, and (1) ST1300.

:motonoises:  :great:  :beerchug:

Rompin and Stompin in So Cal! Russ, me an you are gonna have a serious talk in Prescott. You guy's are doing a great job!

I went trucking through the 101 and 154 up to SLO Sunday, then returned today.  Wish I had seen this earlier, I might have made the trip a day early.

The 154 is a nice ride if a little slow due to construction/stop signs and getting one slow poke out of the way right before Lake Chumash just to have another one pull out.  oh well, at least no tickets!
Next time.