• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meet and Eat / Clinton Arkansas / 3 days / The Spring Fling in Arkansas

connie_rider

2021 Spring Fling Registration

A group of us are going to Clinton Arkansas for a Meet and Eat.
(Eat) There's a heck of a good Lunch Truck across the street from the Motel.
Err; I think we'll be there {meeting and eating} for 3 days. (April 30 thru May 2)
Anybody want to meet us there?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: {As Clinton is in the middle of some of our favorite Arkansas roads, we may even ride a bit while we're there.. <evil grin>

Last edited:

connie_rider

err; Knowing COGgers and how frugal they are; We're working on the lower end of the Motel Scale.
Last time, we stayed at a Super 8 by Wyndham. (nice/clean/inexpensive)
We're currently working on a discount for the group.
Not as nice as a Best Western, but it's next door to a Walmart so we can walk/stagger to our favorite store.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

The negotiations on the Motel are done & Jim dun good.....
{Don't tell him I sed that :sneaky: }

The Motel is the Super 8 by Wyndham. {Located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Arkansas}
Phone number: {501 745-8810 or 501 209-4358}
Dates are Fri / April 30 - Sunday / May 2. {I plan to arrive on Thursday April 29 and depart on Sunday / May 2}
Single room; $65 a night.
Dbl. Room; $70 a night.
** 10 Rooms currently being held.. {may not be able to increase the number of discounted rooms, so book your rooms!}
If rooms are not available at the Super 8, (I think) additional rooms can be found at the Best Western in Clinton}

If anyone wants to "Meet and Eat" with us, Call the Motel and arrange your room.
Tell them Ted and Jim sent ya. {and mention "Concours Owners Group"}
Please let us know if you plan to attend.

NOTE: We will post this info on the COG Event Schedule in the coming days.
Please register there if you plan come.

New snazzy name; Spring Fling in Arkansas.
Registration cost is $0.00 as this is an informal meet and eat {gettogether}.
We'll beg Craig (COG South Central AD) for a few door prizes to give out.
{Jim's good at begging; as he's been married a LOOoOONg time}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Robert's buyin'.. {shhhh; I haven't told him yet} :whistle:

Last edited:

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Event registration link has been added to the first post at the top.

Craig

Last edited:

connie_rider

Update; We had difficulty with the Motel phone number, so added a better number.
And: We may not be able to arrange additional rooms at the discounted rate, so book your Rooms ASAP.....

The Motel is the Super 8 by Wyndham. {Located on Hwy 65 in Clinton Arkansas}
Phone number: {501 745-8810 or 501 209-4358}
Dates are Fri / April 30 - Sunday / May 2. {I plan to arrive on Thursday April 29 and depart on Sunday / May 2}
Single room; $65 a night.
Dbl. Room; $70 a night.
** 10 Rooms currently being held.. {we may not be able to increase the number of discounted rooms, so book your rooms ASAP!}
*If rooms are not available at the Super 8, (I think) additional rooms can be found at the Best Western in Clinton}

Craig finished the COG Event Registration Link.
Please go there and register so that we know who is coming.
2021 Spring Fling Registration
{thanks Craig}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon so that we can ride/eat all day Friday.

Last edited:

kv5e

Staff member

Big Jim in front of us had just gotten over a spill so he was a little tentative.

Craig

fartymarty

Hotel booked, registered for the event and I look forward to seeing everybody.
So I guess this means you're OK?
After you snuck off from the Wildflower like a fart in the night wind, I was concerned.
I'm glad all is well with you. 👍 :)

connie_rider

We're getting closer to the day we go to Arkansas to Meet and Eat, and RIDE! (y)
If anyone else wants to meet us there, let us know.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Craig's buying..

Just Cliff

Letting everyone know that Cleburne County (Clinton) has gone wet & is now selling beer at Wal-Mart right next door to hotel. So no worries if you run low or concerned about hauling it.

Ted want have a long walk to buy y'all some! 😂

Last edited:

connie_rider

fyi; Cliff offered to (mebbe/possibly) do a meet and eat (at his house) on Saturday night.
Jim and I are in contact with him and his boss/wife now. (she'll make the final decision)

NOTE: If we do this, we'll have cars/trucks available to haul everyone there/back.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,{so you can drink a few cool ones and everyone will be safe}

If interested, let us know.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

Wish you could be there too.

Update; Just got off the phone with Cliff.
He and I worked out the details for a Burger/Hot Dog Burn on Saturday night.
We're planning to haul everyone to Cliff's:
(So, If anyone decides to consume a beer or 3, we can transport everyone back to the Motel safely).

By the way;
Jim's buying the burgers. (Don't tell him I sed that, as I haven't quite talked him into it [yet]). "shhhhhhh"
Y'all will have to bring your own beer, and mebbe 1 for Jim.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

lanugo

So I will be heading down from Mountain Home to Clinton. Haven’t seen you guys in awhile. A couple of years ago I traded the Connie in on an H2 SX so will be riding that. Look forward to seeing you guys.
Bruce

texas.devops902

Tricycle
Forum Subscriber

Big Jim in front of us had just gotten over a spill so he was a little tentative.

Craig

Hey there Craig. Love the video! Thanks for sharing it. Ride looks like it was a hoot.
If you don't mind me asking, does bike (the one with the camera attached to it) have a re-flashed ECU or is it stock?

Thx, AB

jim snyder

Our 10 room block off has been filled but I requested 2 more rooms. If additional rooms are needed call the Best Western Hilltop
(501) 745-4700.

kv5e

Staff member
Hey there Craig. Love the video! Thanks for sharing it. Ride looks like it was a hoot.
If you don't mind me asking, does bike (the one with the camera attached to it) have a re-flashed ECU or is it stock?

Thx, AB
It's stock....I am so used to how it behaves I have left it stock. We are 2 up here with Pamela on the back.

connie_rider

Texasdevops902, {I hate to say that Craig did anything good} but his video is a pretty good representation of the roads in Arkansas.
NOTE: The camera tends to make the turns look like big/wide/sweepers.
Look closely and you'll see that many of them have suggested speeds of 30 mph.
So, their tighter than the video looks. {ie; Fun..}

The rider spacing and engine RPM's you hear, are a good indication of how our group will be riding.
ie; "Smoothing" thru a turn, not blasting thru..

Ride safe, Ted

lanugo

I will be coming down Thursday afternoon. I booked with the Super Eight. Since I’m rewards member got the same rate. Hopefully the weather will be good. Looks like a chance of rain Fri/Sat. We’ll see.

connie_rider

Ok, I admit it. I'm old and slow. (and most of us haven't didn't do a lot of riding last year)

NOTE: If it's too rainy, we can set around and talk about Speedy, {err, I mean satxrider} and/or; Jim/Cliff/Craig/etc/etc/etc...
(ie; EVERYONE, except Ted)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

kv5e

Staff member
If you let Ted ride the H2 SX, get a $25K deposit............. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding......I have my eyes on a H2 SX SE but Pamela would complain of the seat.

connie_rider

Only 25K (??)
Not, a problem. I'll write a check.. :p

(Craig) Not a problem.
Buy Pamela her own seat, and leave it in the truck..
{Don't tell her I sed that }

Ride safe, Ted {Glad I could help}

Last edited:

lanugo

If you let Ted ride the H2 SX, get a $25K deposit............. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding......I have my eyes on a H2 SX SE but Pamela would complain of the seat.
Yea two up would be rough. For what I do around Mountain Home 200-300 mile day max, it’s perfect. I’ve got the BMW K 1600 for two up, long distance rides.

Attachments

• 5775027B-792C-4561-90DE-9820CBC38F79.jpeg
    5775027B-792C-4561-90DE-9820CBC38F79.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 9