• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MI - Spring Wrench 'n Grill Fest - Saturday 4/21/2012

DeansZG

**NOTE*** This was copied from the North Central Events page! Please give him a heads-up if attending
Hey MI COGgers,

Stan Visser is hosting a Wrench 'n Grill Fest on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at his place in Flushing, MI.  The event is open to all COGers.  You folks from Canada and nearby states are welcome.
The addy is; 9155 Saddle Horn Dr. 48433    eight one zero 659 four eight67

I have a 1 car workshop and a 2 car garage.  Should be plenty of space to work out of the weather.  We can even turn up the portable heater if needed.

Tires / wheel bearings?  Electrical?  Valve Adjust?  Oil Change?  Coolant Change?  Farkle install?  Carbs?  Brakes?  Dilithium Crystal Chamber or Flux Capacitor installation?

Don't spend an arm and a leg at the dealer - do the work yourself and better yet, do it with friends to help and good food to be had.

9 - ish is a good time to start, but come when you can. 

I know my way around the C10's and my GPZ pretty well.  Not as familiar with C14's - others may be, so don't let that stop you.

I do NOT have a roll on bike lift or a tire changer.  They are on my wish list.  Feel free to permanently donate either of these to the cause.   

I DO have a Morgan Carb Sync tool, motorcycle frame jack, home-made bead breaker, wheel weights, rim protectors, tire irons.

I have most of the other tools we would need for just about anything.  If you have any specialty tools that can make a job easier - bring 'em along.

Here's what we need from you:

- To let me know your plans so we can get a head count for food and space, and so I can get a map and directions out to you.
- Some wrench projects so we can plan the tools and equipment.
- Be willing to attend to help with the projects, cheer others on, learn by observing or just sit around a camp fire or on the deck.  Hey, we're not asking for much here!

If time permits, or there's no work to be done, we can go for a ride.

Hope to see you there.

This event is only 2 and a half weeks out.  Its the weekend after tax day  :-\)

I've had a few confirmations which is great.

If you are planning on coming - let me know so we can plan on food and refreshments, floor space etc.

If you won't know until the last minute, that's OK too, don't let it stop you from coming.

Cap'n Bob said:
Can I ask why we need this thread and the actual thread in the NC area section?  ???

Yes, you can ask.  :))  It's because there's some that might not click on their area events section.  Pardon me but, I didn't think the main page was reserved for "national rally" stuff only !!! Geez.... :smiley_confused1:

Stan, Deb and I plan on being there and are going to bring the couple that we tour with along. I plan on bringing my C-10 "spares kit" in case someone needs something. I have both throttle cables, choke cable, spark plugs, valve cover and spark plug well gaskets,front wheel bearings(newer model) j-box, fuel filter, headlight bulb, petcock repair kit.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone,
Gil F.

I'm planning on being there. I won't be working on my bike but I will look over your shoulder to see if your doing it right. Some people might even think I'm annoying. :mad: :mad: