• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN/WI Photo tag

Joe said:
A hint and MY NEW CONNIE!! Going Friday to pick it up.  Black 2012.

SVEN are you going to get your bike?  And there's NORWAY I need a hint to find this site.  I just need to cross the FINNISH line!

Skoal Vikings!  Let's win this game.  Skoal Vikings!  Honor thy name.  Let's get a first down, then get a touchdown, rock em, sock em, fight, fight, fight!

Tagged.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 89
I need one that I can get with my new C14!  I have a beautiful spot all picked out to post for the next.

The new tag is a little hard to see from the road, but if you look over my right mirror past the wooden fence you can see concrete pilings in the water that protect the opening of a dam.  This dam lets water flow from our largest metro lake into a ribbon of water that crosses the western suburbs and our largest city to reach a major river after going over a well known falls.

Hmm, good one! I think I know the name of the ribbon of water, but would have to do a little exploring to find this site.

Not going that way after work, tho! Might be a better weekend tag, or a reason to take a longer Friday lunch break.

Tagarino!
null-2.jpg

Gray's Bay Dam on Lake Minnetonka. Draining some water out into Minnehaha Creek.

Man, I'd hate to live in this neighborhood.  What a dump! Bunch of old run-down little shacks.  ::)

Good tag, Don. I had never been back there, even though I've driven and ridden past on 101 countless times.

null-5.jpg

Would be fun to canoe the creek sometime.

null-6.jpg

null-4.jpg

Water's a little high, eh?

null-3.jpg

New tag:
null-7.jpg

There aren't that many of the round or octagonal barns left. And few of those that you can see right by the road, like this octagon.

A Greek goddess can help you wing your way to victory on this one!

Well, I tell ya.....I suck at finding this stuff on google. I opened a ton of the handy spreadsheet barn pictures trying to find the right one. No joy.

The photo tag games sometimes seem to revolve more around who is good at sleuthing out the secret location than who can go and get it. I really would love to head out and grab a tag when time permits, but I seldom have the time or talent to put into searching the internet to know where to go. So I guess I will have to wait for an easy one to come along.. :eek:
I rode a couple of hundred miles today, and was interested in grabbing a tag, but could not figure out this or the ADV one, so I just went for a ride..

Here's a second clue. It might help some more than others, but will definitely lead anyone in the right direction if they go to the COG forums to find the info.

Clue 2:  If you had been at the Cave Day tech session, and rode West when you left the Cave Day site, you would have ridden past the tag.

2Fast said:
Well, I tell ya.....I suck at finding this stuff on google. I opened a ton of the handy spreadsheet barn pictures trying to find the right one. No joy.

The photo tag games sometimes seem to revolve more around who is good at sleuthing out the secret location than who can go and get it. I really would love to head out and grab a tag when time permits, but I seldom have the time or talent to put into searching the internet to know where to go. So I guess I will have to wait for an easy one to come along.. :eek:
I rode a couple of hundred miles today, and was interested in grabbing a tag, but could not figure out this or the ADV one, so I just went for a ride..

Really, call me next time I can be bribed

[/quote]

Really, call me next time I can be bribed
[/quote]

Thanks.........I totally forgot about bribery :great: 

OK, I quit whining and went and got it this morning! What a nice day for a ride....about an even hundred miles round trip, just enough to break in the new rubber.

(Gerald Carlson, 1906, MN-10-07) SE of Watertown, Watertown Township, Carver County, MN. CR10 SE 2.5 miles from jct with MN25 in Watertown, E. on Swede Lake Rd. 1.3 miles to the barn on the S. side of the road. (04-2001, N44 56.04 W93 48.15)

Oh no, now I have to find a new spot to tag...... :-[  No time today, but I'll try to get it done tomorrow. Failing that, I'll pull something out of the archives ::)

Attachments

• P1110709 (Medium).JPG
    P1110709 (Medium).JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 107
Got it this spring. I am honored to be riding a bike that was owned by a long time COG member and friend, Jeff Winter, who passed away last year. Jeff was always at our tech sessions to share his knowledge and turn a wrench, and showed up at a lot of rally get togethers as well. He was one of the good guys for sure.

New taaaaaaaaag?

I thought about picking it up on my way out of town - I'm out for a Grand Tour ride today - and I would have dragged it out of the Twin Cities area.

Too nice a day to be stuck in an office!

I know, I know.......
Stuck working but might get free to go down to the gathering on the green later today and will grab a tag then!

Back from the "Gathering" and had a great time and some fine fine riding :motonoises:

No wifi or cell service down there, so no luck with the tag update.....very sorry about that. Anyway, here it is, and let me know if this is hard to find  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0967 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0967 (Medium).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 115
So tempting!  I doubt it will last until I get a chance to get there before it's tagged.  Going on a salmon fishing trip today.  Be back Wednesday in time to go to work. :-[

2Fast said:
Back from the "Gathering" and had a great time and some fine fine riding :motonoises:

No wifi or cell service down there, so no luck with the tag update.....very sorry about that. Anyway, here it is, and let me know if this is hard to find  ;)

The place may be easy enough to find but how will I find that 'Rain' coming down in the picture?  Been sunny and hot here the past week.

Was just there Sunday coming back from an FJR ride in Southwestern Wisconsin with Rogerdoger, nice road going by there.

The parking lot was so wet when I was there that it is still dryin out :-\

Good work Joe....I'd love to get the new one, but it might be a little over a week before I can do it. :-[

likesbikes said:
Was just there Sunday coming back from an FJR ride in Southwestern Wisconsin with Rogerdoger, nice road going by there.
That is a nice ride through there.  That makes for a nice rest stop on a hot day.  Stop for ice cream & watch the "scenery" by the river.... >:D

2Fast said:
The parking lot was so wet when I was there that it is still dryin out :-\

Good work Joe....I'd love to get the new one, but it might be a little over a week before I can do it. :-[

Brian
Let me know when you might go up for the tag.  If you don't mind, I'll go with.  I wouldn't mind another trip down 7. 

Oh yeah, got me a nice vanilla fudge sugar cone, also was a good spot to peel off the rain gear from an earlier rain. And yes, the scenery was at it's peak, double plus.

Joe said:
likesbikes said:
That is a nice ride through there.  That makes for a nice rest stop on a hot day.  Stop for ice cream & watch the "scenery" by the river.... >:D

Joe said:
And the new one...

Hey, I usta live right up the rode from there, a 1/4 mi west of the church on 7 & 61, just north of 61.

Yup, 7 does not suck. Neither does Co 19.

7 is much better than any road down here. :'(

Tangential hint... I was there about a month ago to see the VJMC and Antique Motorcycle Show.

All I could think about was our dear and departed friend Jeff Winter.

The swap meet was greatly lacking, but fun to ride those roads.

??? Nobody's tagged this yet? Better get it before August 22nd or it may be much tougher to get to!

Perhaps a long lunch break is in order?

Here is the new one.  Should be easy to find, a hint is included.

Attachments

• P9290004_new.jpg
    P9290004_new.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 117
I'm sure that will not make it until my next day off.... Then again it is that time of year where I go hang out in the trees- bow season is here! 

OMG :-\, the game is steamrollin all of a sudden!!!

The mermaid is at the.............wait for it...............Mermaid Bar on Hwy 10 :) 

You can also see my hand on the upper right blocking the sun which was trying to obliterate the shot.  And as you know....
:TPIWWP:

Attachments

• P1140762 (Medium).JPG
    P1140762 (Medium).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 104
New tag.

In keeping with the up north oversized sculptures associated with a bizness theme that is really really easy to find......here ya go. Easy peasy.
Dang, that is one good lookin 86. So fine I can bearly look at it :))

Attachments

• P1140763 (Medium).JPG
    P1140763 (Medium).JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 122
Wow, cool find Don!  And glad to see the bear laid to rest after the torture of this long long winter!  I discovered after riding to the tech session on Saturday that my tabs are not current........thought they were. Gotta grab new tabs before I can play.  :mad:

Got it.....I had hoped someone else would join in and play ;)  So, some body go get the next one :motonoises:

I found the St Paul Cathedral - 12 months later.  It would seem that we forgot about playing tag last summer.  Let's have more players this year!  And Crashcup, it's not THAT close to Mickey's, that's a different church.

April%2015%20tags%203_zpspohhaang.jpg

The latest tag has one of the newest bridges on the Mississippi as the backdrop.  Unique because it was built off-site and floated into place on barges, then hoisted into place with cranes.  The river town is host to Saturday night car cruises during the summer.

002_zpsbogpz8ad.jpg

Since there has been no movement on this I'll add. The location of this challenge is near the MSP airport and was established in 1870 being named after Col. Josiah Snelling.