• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN Wisc Spring Ride

LSGiant

May 3 Annual Spring Ride
We will travel south searching out and exploring the better motorcycle roads in the area while taking in the sights, sounds and scents of spring.
Meet at 8:00 in Stillwater for breakfast at the Perkins Restaurant at the northwest corner of HWY 36 and Washington, ride leaves at 9:00
We will do a few alphabet roads in Wisconsin before crossing into Minnesota at Wabasha, lunch will be in Mazeppa.

The route in multiple formats is in the attachments.

Look forward to seeing everyone on a motorcycle

Attachments

• Ride.zip
    223.3 KB · Views: 114
thanks for the route files

i can only utilize the gpx with my tomtom software, question. route does from D to 35, guessing here its D to N to 35 correct ??
does bing show est files without S&T installed ??

thanks  :beerchug:

JS_racer said:
thanks for the route files

i can only utilize the gpx with my tomtom software, question. route does from D to 35, guessing here its D to N to 35 correct ??
does bing show est files without S&T installed ??

thanks  :beerchug:

I do not know if you can see Streets and Trips in Bing I doubt that you can.

I should have a qualified the routes are translated from Randy's hand written instructions. I did ride them last year but I had some other stops and just met riders at the stops. They are general guides. Best practice for group rides is to always wait for the rider behind you at the corners and if you are not going to ride with the group to state that intention up front so folks aren't waiting for you at corners if you are not going to show up.

Appreciate the information on group rides.
Question was about a specific part of the route posted,  still curious about that section.
D  N 35 correct?

Thank you

I'm going to try to make this one.  Got the day off work.  Will the weather ever cooperate? 

It's looking like this rain will move out by Saturday, at least the roads will be well washed of sand and salt.

Joe said:
I'm going to try to make this one.  Got the day off work.  Will the weather ever cooperate?

The weather looks like it will be wonderful.

My Sena headset has new firmware loaded that should allow me to connect to any brand wireless headset so if you have a wireless set please bring it and we will see if we can make it work.

I want to be there too....  Only THE ocean is between us...
When stopped working one day,  Guess have to come over for 6 months to Discover great US And Canada...

:mad:

Great turn out today and it was fantastic to see the sun in the sky finally! :)  I think there were about 16 bikes altogether.  Bfast at the usual Perkins for the start, lunch at WD's in Mazeppa, plenty of twisties and a little sand just to keep you on your toes. What more could you ask for??  Gary and Roger were the lucky winners of a COG merchandise store certificate each!  Hey, check out the photo of the double bacon cheese burger I found on the heart smart menu ;)  Great to see some new faces today, hope to see you all again.

My pics.  http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bpsnow1/slideshow/COG%20Spring%20Ride%20%202014

Hey, some upcoming events to put on your calendar: May 17-18 in Coon Valley, WI at Ken McClurg's
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=199462&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D01%27%7D

And a brand new event this year in Elkader, IA organized by Jerry Roland http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=202983&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D03%27%7D  This site is used by Motoguzzi for rallies and is rumored to be a very cool area.

Brian, thanx for the link. Familiar faces, hi y'all.

Nice cheeseburgers, looked quite healthy.  :great: :great:

I like the $1.50 pint taps for happy hour.

How come the trees are all bald?  ;)

Fantastic and much needed ride. Thanks to Randy, and everyone for putting it together.
What a great way to kick off the season!  :bravo_2:

SteveJ. said:

Did you catch the photos of Welch? Took em just for you :) 

We didn't do any beer drinkin, but I can imagine what you get for your buck fitty. Thanks, but......

Our trees are not bald. They are well groomed :D  Or possibly dead from the 9 months of hell they just went through.

Great ride yesterday!  Thank you all for making my wife and I feel welcome.  We are looking forward to the next get together.

Shawn & Leslie

Thanks Randy. It was an excellent ride. No water on the road and only one section of pavement looked like a sandy beach. The best part, no slide outs. I didn't even have a single pucker moment.

Great photos Brian. I'm not showing those burgers to my doctors. Very tasty, probably not the healthiest. Real food for real riders. Maybe we can clean out heart arteries at the next tech session. Does Murph sell tools for that?

It was good to see everyone again. It's been a long winter.

2fast said:
SteveJ. said:

Did you catch the photos of Welch? Took em just for you :) 

We didn't do any beer drinkin, but I can imagine what you get for your buck fitty. Thanks, but......

Our trees are not bald. They are well groomed :D  Or possibly dead from the 9 months of hell they just went through.

I kinda thought that looked like downtown Welch. I haven't been there for about eight years now.

Our Hell is just firing up, highs around 90, dew points close to 70. I have the A/C running in the garage to work on bike stuff. No more Mr Heater at the neighborhood beer tree, stored for the season.