• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motus V4 Sport Tourer

willyp

Iron Butt
Motus has released details, and pricing of their new V4 sport tourer... <a href="http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2012/03/16/2013-motus-mst-and-mst-r-equipment-and-pricing/">2013 Motus MST and MST-R Specifications, Pricing and Dealer Network</a>

This looks like a really fine bike, but at more than double the price of a new C14... or 30 times what I got into my '01...  :nananana: You've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel luck... no, wait I mean is it worth it? Will people buy it? Other than Jay Leno, I mean...  :-[

I know what you're thinking. "Does that V4 fire on all four, or just three?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as that is a Motus V4, the most powerful 1650 cc's in the world, and would blow your C14 clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Does it come in red? Well, does it, punk?

Nice execution, but.........too bad it's gotta chain......  :-[
Although, I'm guessing the weight would prolly be somewhere close to 500#???

Doesn't look much like an ST... check out the article. and there are some videos of this around, the sound is fabulous. Weight... hmm does seem to be missing from the list of specs, but 500 seems like a good guess, I am sure it is a lot less than our c-10's.

Would have been nice to see it with shaft drive... that was the original plan. They went with chain saying something about development cost.

At 30 or 36k I think there will be very limited market. But yet there are people whoa re willing, even in this economy, to shel out big bucks for custom bikes that can't hold a candle to this thing. Some people prefer to spend the extra money and buy a BMW, Lexus, Rolex, or whatever. This bike is handmade and they aren't really expecting a high volume of sales, so it may work well for them.

I had a chance to see the Motus at Barber's last September, and I have to say that it is a fine looking machine. A bit pricey for me, unless I sell ALL of my bikes...uh, not happening.

I admire the work they have put into it and it was easy to spend a fair amount of time looking it over and examining the details and craftsmanship. Similar to what I would create if I had a CNC and a few other machines in my shop.

It looks like a machine to compete with the Ducati crowd. 

The problem as I see it is the limited sales because of the price is not going to pay back their R&D costs. They developed an entire new motor. They have been doing this for 3 years full on. Unless they have some crazy rich guy behind it, they may not last long. Look at Buell. Their bikes were expensive (not as much as Motus) but they had a dealer network and HD behind them. We all know what happened to them, but that was not do to lack of money. These guys are small with no network. Good luck to them, but can't see them being around for too long. Hey! Maybe someone should buy one as it may be a collector bike!

gsun said:
The problem as I see it is the limited sales because of the price is not going to pay back their R&D costs. They developed an entire new motor. They have been doing this for 3 years full on. Unless they have some crazy rich guy behind it, they may not last long. Look at Buell. Their bikes were expensive (not as much as Motus) but they had a dealer network and HD behind them. We all know what happened to them, but that was not do to lack of money. These guys are small with no network. Good luck to them, but can't see them being around for too long. Hey! Maybe someone should buy one as it may be a collector bike!

These will definitely hold their value better than a DeLorean. And it may take off, who knows? If quantity increases, the price is likely to come down a bit. I'll be interested in the full road test from one of the major rags when it comes out.

There is a lot about this bike that I like. It looks cool, good styling, proportioned very well, monster power. I still don't like (and never will) the angled pipes that push the saddlebags up to the butt of the pillion passenger.

The chain drive is a torpedo in the engine room of the ship for me. Push rod, two valve engine is old school as well. I admire the chutzpah and honestly and truly wish them well.

Dan

When I went to take a look at the bike locally during their tour last summer I believe I heard them mention that they foresee the money maker being the engine. They plan to sell it as a crate option for other applications.

Their website says the wet weight of the bike is 530 lbs.