• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My former ride...

TJ_Ben

Bicycle
This used to be my ride, before the C-14; miss 'er sometimes.

pb110187.jpg

I looks like it would be nice riding on. Maybe not any long trips without a few modifications first. I like having different bikes to ride when the mood changes with you. Different experiences tends to break up the riding. It really is nice having options to change how and what your riding when the mood suits you. The bike is different. But I like it.

Ahhh, you really can't beat those boxer engines!
Those Germans are really out there sometimes but I beat that thing can scoot!  :motonoises:

Camper Dave said:
Ahhh, you really can't beat those boxer engines!
Those Germans are really out there sometimes but I beat that thing can scoot!  :motonoises:

Yeah, 68 hp will really get 'er done!

But I do agree, to an extent, having different bikes can enhance, and sometimes prolong our riding.

It was a CRUISER. Used her to cruise. Period.
Short jaunts around town. Going back to the office in the afternoon. Brief 30-50 mile cruises on a weekend. Relaxed pace. Laid back riding. Enjoyable (for me) stuff.
No LD capability there. Never raced her. Never even attempted to tour on her.
Just liked looking at 'er sometimes.
Long distance? Speed? Touring? Well, that's why I got my C-14.
Never claimed my R12C to be anything more than what she was. A nice, nom-threatening solo-cruiser that helped me transition from a 250 to a full-on sport-tourer without getting killed nor injured along the way.
Learned to do my own maintenance work on her, too. 
I thank her for that.

The most I ever ventured to push her was 95mph indicated. Probably 90 true. Wind/vibration beat the hell out of me. ABS was a little quirky, too. She felt somewhat planted at speed, but never what you would call confidence-inspiring.
The C-14? Well, that's a different story. Haven't even broken her in properly and I have a hard time keeping her UNDER 90mph indicated. Probably 89.9 true.
Different machines. Different worlds, I agree.

Not sure why but I've always wanted one of those R12C's. They just have a strangely Unique look about them that I like. Maybe someday.....