• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My little 250

TJ_Ben

Bicycle
This little 250, I got after passing my MSF course in 2007, when I got back into riding. Pretty fun little bike. Scary on the freeway though...

p7110039z.jpg

In my neck of the woods, this particular model is called the Twister CBX250. It's still being imported and sold new here. There's a 2012 model-year currently available and, although it's undergone major redesign, over here there still seems to be an endless supply of the old version on the showroom floors, so there's no telling when we'll get the newer version/design.

It was made primarily in Brazil, and a few more were assembled in Argentina, where it has a major cult-like following, due to its popularity as a dependable, somewhat sporty-looking, economy-oriented conveyance. Popular with the younger crowd and, believe it or not, law enforcement. You can check 'em out, as well as all the crazy mods and LD trips these guys make on their 250s at www.clubtwister.com.ar which is a forum/fan site. (In spanish, though)

I got mine brand new and fairly cheap from my local Honda dealer, and rode it for a season and a half after passing my MSF BRC, when I decided to get back into riding. Took a couple of falls on it, nothing major; never gave me any problems; sipped gas at around what seemed to be 70 mpg; one cylinder motor; choke; fuel tank reserve switch; everything you'd expect from a design carried over from the ... 60s??? (Although it does have a digital fuel gauge and odometer).

Anyway, it was a fun little bike and served me well at one point. Came across this picture a few days ago and decided to give 'er the recognition she deserves. Sold her for around US$50 MORE than what I paid for her, too.

Stay cool. Ride safe,

F

Yeah I thought it was a SOTB bike.  Fun I bet it was though. Why we can't get certain machines in the goodleusa is a mystery to me.... But EPA, DEQ etc......... sigh. 

[quote author=2linby]
Why we can't get certain machines in the goodleusa is a mystery to me.... But EPA, DEQ etc......... sigh.
[/quote]
Not worth it for the manufacturers to import and market a bike unless they have a realistic chance of selling enough to make a profit.
Took about 7 years before y'all finally got the Deauville (NTV700) and it has been a monster big seller everywhere else in the world.
The biggest problem with the north American bike market is that y'all still seem to be fixated on the big v-twin cruisers.
Even the metric cruisers seem to out sell most other non-US bikes.
Oh well, could be worse, could be like Italy with stinky noisy 2 stroke scooters everywhere.  :character0029:

Believe it or not, we still had the Honda Super Cub, new on the showroom floor, three years ago. Produced and assembled in Mexico.
I regret I didn't nab one of those, just for historical value. Kymco knockoffs are >3k

Nosmo said:
I really wish I had a use for the Suzuki TU250.  I keep looking at them at the local dealer, but I just can't see a use for one given the bikes I already have.  I just like these old-style "standard" bikes.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011-suzuki-tu-250-preview

We use the TU-250 as a training bike. I do like the bike but even as good as a EFI 250 is there really isn't enough power to be much use for any highway travel. For round town work fine, but anything over 60 and all bets are off.  The beginning riders find the front brake to be very touchy (as I do as well) and they do not do very well in any impact with anything!  Forks are easily bent, levers are vulnerable and the plastic headlamp housing shatters with the littlest drop. On and the gear shift lever pretzels on almost every leftside drop.

So if you are looking for a cool retro looking bike for town and slow country riding and never ever drop it, well the TU is a fine bike.