• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My Wife's Vulcan

DanLong

Mini Bike
Here's some pics of my wife's '07 Vulcan 1500. I just put on a Baron Air Kit, PC3, and had it dyno'd. Got 73hp to the rear wheel, a huge improvement over the 56 stock. Roll on in 3rd gear from 40 to 80mph was pretty quick. It's no Connie, but she loves it.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

It's not too bad on her bike, I think the tank is a little wider than the Meanie so I don't notice it.

Nice.  I come from a 1600.  Loved it.  That's a nice bike, and THAT's a nice bike.  Must be great to have two in the garage!

Alekkas, I had a 1600 before the Concours too. The 1600 was a nice bike but not as nice as the Connie!

We also have 2 project bikes that aren't getting much attention anymore, an 86 Goldwing Interstate 1200, and a 96 Yamaha Virago 535. I'm hoping to have the Virago up and running over the summer, but the Wing just might be too big of a project for me, so I'm thinking about selling it.

I used to have a 01 VStar 650 Classic witch is a distant cousin of this bike way back that I traded in for one of my SV's.  What I got for it I should have just kept it but this was before I had MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder) and a lot more common sense.  Mine was the pretty metallic green and metallic silver cream color that was just gorgeous.  I also had the Baron Air Kit on mine and it made for a nice noticeable increase in power and I also had V&H slash cuts witch sounded really nice.  Also had a lot of extra chrome bits on it.  Despite being a 650 it moved pretty good and was only a bit busy sounding on the freeway.