• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

N.E. Area Tech Day, Saturday April 28th.

Pat and Sher in Ma

So after having to take a year off we are happy to announce, It's Back...

Join hosts Pat & Sherry Mulloy at their home at 507 Old Wales Rd. in Monson, MA on Saturday April 28th for the
N.E. area annual tech session. Starts at 9 am. Lunch will be served around noon.

Hosts Pat and Sher Mulloy along with co-hosts Greg and Tracey Habel will be having another spring tech session at the Mulloy’s in Monson MA.
C14 Guru Brian Felice and his wife Andrea will be joining to lead the C14 tech efforts.  Start time is 9:00 am. Spring Tech Sessions tend to be
very popular with area members so if you’re interested in servicing your bike, contact either Greg (COG7010@verizon.net) or Pat  (Sniper64@aol.com)
in advance to reserve a spot on Tech Day, and to discuss requirements for tools and supplies to accommodate your particular service request.
If you want tires changed you can have the tires drop shipped directly to Pat’s house but please contact him first, There will be a $5.00 per tire disposal
fee to get rid of your old tires. If you don’t have any service needs, stop by anyway to meet fellow Coggers. We will also be providing lunch so bring your appetites!

Note, non members will be charged $5 but this can be refunded if the non member signs up as a COG member the day of the tech session.

Got any parts or gear to sell or swap?  Bring them along.  We''ll have a table for you.  Make sure you mark them with your name so people know who to ask for.

We are encouraging you to bring a friend to check out COG and what we have to offer. The more, the merrier!

Please sign up at the following link even if your not getting any work done so we can get a accurate count for lunch:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247060&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D22%27%7D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again  :great:  :beerchug:  :motonoises:

I figured that Pat. I haven't been in a few years and am toying with coming out. Either way I gave the thread a bump.  ;D

We put it on our calendar, all of Connie’s maintenance will be done by then, so I can help others, or just enjoy the company of fellow Coggers.
Richard and Julie

Terry,

Thanks and hope you can take a long ride if you have the time. Guy's right, I'm sure we can get those grip heaters installed
if you haven't done them already.

Richard & Julie,

Looking forward to seeing you both at tech day.

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Terry,

Thanks and hope you can take a long ride if you have the time. Guy's right, I'm sure we can get those grip heaters installed
if you haven't done them already.

Richard & Julie,

Looking forward to seeing you both at tech day.

Too late!  Actually got everything done in one weekend.  Installed a PDM60 power distribution module, the new Oxford heated sport grips (got slightly carried away with the JB Weld on the old set, LOL), new wiring for the Venture heat jacket liner (with Bluetooth handlebar controller :great:) and my gps.  Everything worked on the first try, much to my surprise!  LOL

Ya never know where I may pop up.  If I decide to come  by I'll give you a holler.

Looks like the weather is going to show us a glimpse of Spring this week with temps hitting the high 60's here on Wednesday.  Makes one start thinking about the great riding season which is coming our way.  With that said, have you gotten all of your checklist for maintenance done yet for your 2 wheeled best friend? If not why not sign up for the upcoming NE Area Tech Day and hang out with some great folks and get a free lunch thrown in!  We still have room so sign up ASAP and come and spend the day with us!  Hope to see you there! :motonoises:

The long range forecast is looking good!!! high of 67 and mostly sunny.  :-\ Hope to see you at the Tech Session.  If you don't have any maintenance to do just stop by for a visit and to see everyone.  Please be sure to sign up on the calendar of events so we can have an accurate head-count for lunch.  See you there! :motonoises:

Sorry to hear this Terry- we do not get to see you folks enough already :-( 

I was planning on going to Steve Smith's event a couple of months ago but we had a power failure and I could not leave the house with the generator running (or would not I guess).

It is tough catching up with you eastern western northeast COGGERS now that we are not riding. Hopefully we can still clank into each other some other time this year.

Brian

Edited to fix 'easteners', what I meant was my 'other east'.

Terrynyc said:
Looks like it's not in the cards for a visit. :'(

You kids have fun storming the castle! :))

Hi Pat , how are you looking for tire changes tomorrow, wheels off the bike? I just got a sticker only because I know the guy. But he warned me the tires t at the wear bars. And I do have a wheel balancer for that pesky BMW  :-\ rear wheel.

And carol will be sending brownies as an added bonus  :)

Another fantastic activity. Very happy the weather cooperated. Big thanks to the hosts and staff of the MA Tech Day. Multiple sets of tire changes, TPMS battery replacements, oil changes and other maintenance items. A great lunch was served. The best part of the day was the COG camaraderie.

One of my favorite events to attend--No one can duplicate the great job put on by our host and hostess ---and help given by those who attended--for FREE. Thank you so much my fellow Coggers

We were away but the last one we attended was a blast. Glad you got this tech session back up this year.
Pics? So we can see what/who we missed.

Sorry i missed this one, i didn't finish my Bike Friday night like expected
:great:

My very favorite event in motorcycling- Tech day at Pat and Shar's! And this one did not disappoint and just may have had the best weather of any that I have attended. Great people, great dog, great chow and a few chuckles.

Lots of TMPS batteries, by far the majority of them on at least their second battery replacement because the batter in this was already using a piece of 30 ga. wire, which is the method I use so I recognize the work.

Pat was kind enough to buy a set of sensors and we installed one into Bruce's bike that had a front sensor fail. After a bunch of fiddling with the KDS software and cabling, Pat finally managed to get it working and so we registered the new sensor to the bike and that worked correctly.

Also came up with a way to test the sensors in the front tire with the bike in the garage, using a sanding drum mounted in a hand drill to spin up the front tire. Works like a charm and allows a test before the tire is re- mounted so it is much easier to get the sensor out if it needs further attention. I think Shar has video of how it is done to share with you folks if they have a method to do so.

Brian

I just wanted to take a minute to Thank everyone who came out for our annual tech day and hope you all had a good time
and had a chance to learn a few things about your bikes. We had a few new members show up and of course a bunch of our
"old" cog friends and family. It was a beautiful day for a ride and the chance to trade stories and tips.

I also need to take a moment to say a special Thank You to our co-hosts and AAD's Greg & Tracey Habel and to our C14 tech
leaders Brian & Andrea Felice. We couldn't have pulled this event off without their generous help and support.

I also need to thank all the coggers who jumped in and helped with tire changes, tpms battery changes and all the jobs that
took place on tech day.

We hope to see you all at some future cog events but until then ride safe!  :great:

BDF said:
My very favorite event in motorcycling- Tech day at Pat and Shar's! And this one did not disappoint and just may have had the best weather of any that I have attended. Great people, great dog, great chow and a few chuckles.

Lots of TMPS batteries, by far the majority of them on at least their second battery replacement because the batter in this was already using a piece of 30 ga. wire, which is the method I use so I recognize the work.

Pat was kind enough to buy a set of sensors and we installed one into Bruce's bike that had a front sensor fail. After a bunch of fiddling with the KDS software and cabling, Pat finally managed to get it working and so we registered the new sensor to the bike and that worked correctly.

Also came up with a way to test the sensors in the front tire with the bike in the garage, using a sanding drum mounted in a hand drill to spin up the front tire. Works like a charm and allows a test before the tire is re- mounted so it is much easier to get the sensor out if it needs further attention. I think Shar has video of how it is done to share with you folks if they have a method to do so.

Brian

I just wanted to thank Pat and Sher for hosting a great tech day. I'm a bit tardy in posting but wanted to especially thank Brian and Pat for spending the time at the end of long day to get my front TPMS installed and reprogrammed. Pat was like a dog on a bone and wouldn't give up until he found the right cable to connect to the bike and the computer. The senor was working fine on the ride home and I assume it will continue to work, just haven't had a chance to go for a ride since last Saturday. Just an FYI, it appears that the reprogramming reset all the values on the display i.e., clock, odometer A and B, etc. Once again thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise with everyone.
Bruce