• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC Minnesota Recurring get together

LSGiant

The Minnesota western Wisconsin delegation is currently getting together typically on the First or Second Sunday of each month. We typically do some tech work, solve world political problems, and maybe a little ride planning. We started this before this forum was up so I will try to keep it current in both forums for now. We are looking for a host for September so feel free to step right up.

The monthly get together for September will have a little distance built in. Ken Wilmes in Duluth has agreed to host for us. Specs are: (just for you Thomas) 12:00 to 4:00 on September 14th 2008 Address is 2832 Palisade Drive Duluth 55811 If you have questions his Email is wilmzduluth@charter.net Do your best to show him distance in no object for a Connie Rider

We have our October Host: Fellow Coggers, Gary in Bloomington here. I can have the Oct. get together at my house. Talking with Jeff, Travis and Brian, Sunday the 26th of Oct. looks good. The HFRO will be done and we may have some projects to work on. Twelve o'clock until ???. Address is 8344 Bloomington Ave. in Bloomington near the Mall of America. If anyone has a bike to work on, bring it over. Also, any parts to sell or swap. I don't have any work to do right now. Food and beer will be provided. See you then. P.S. I have heat in the garage if needed.

For more information, including who is coming, and a map to Gary's house, check out the following link See you there! Mark Wojcik COG #465 Hudson, WI 1986 Concours

Hurray, Hurray. We have two for Busters. Please meet at 5:00 pm March 14th food to follow. Link will get you directions http://www.busterson28.com/ Randy will send out the mass Email.

Bump.  >:D

A little sleepy over here.......just thought I would move this up and get some action going on the next get together here in the frozen north.  Something after Christmas maybe? If nothing else, we could do a small thing at my shop. Maybe Rich R is going to do the man cave event again?

From the  other forum

http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=40233.780

So the 8th it is....... Tech Day at the Cave.
If you are considering bringing a bike to work on, they could be dropped of Friday night to warm up.
I will be working on the ST, not sure what parts I will have then, but yes, the HIDs are on the list of things needed this year.

At this point, I will have the work place, nice and warm, a compressor, some hand tools and plenty of seating. If you need a specialty tool, please let me know and I will try and have it availible.

Please post if you are coming, and if you are bringing a bike to wrench on.

Time....10ish to whenever you pass out .....Address, the gate is located here.....N44 56.076 W93 45.442......Something to soak up alcohol like food  and maybe a folding chair.
Favorite CDs? Riding DVD or movie? Good attiture and or a few bad jokes , Bike Lift? Gas Grill?
Maybe someone (looks 2Fasts way) can post a pic or 3 from last years gathering.
That is a few ideas for now

See Ya'll Soon!!!!!

Rich

Uh.......we gotta pick this up again. The brew tour is this weekend, so maybe we can figure out the next thing during this event?

Yep going to get this going.

If somenone is going to breakfast, lunch or just and event you think folks from this area would be interested in. Please post it here.

Next thing on my  list is the Team Lyle rally in Minneapolis. It to late to sign up but if you want to see us off or see how depleted we look when we get back the link is below.

http://www.teamstrange.com/2011/tlr/

Next for me is the Gathering on the Green in Soldies Grove. This is a COG event but as usual all are invited. This was a great time when it was held 2 years ago. Joane and I camped here earlier this year and it was great. Campground is within walking distance of bars and restaurants what more could you ask.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=139261&mo=7&year=2011

Who from the MN/WI area is going to be at the National?
We (fiance and I) will be there Monday the 8th. Taking the long way there; leaving the Twin Cities area July 30.

Keith

Well, you are only going to hear from local folks that do the forum.....but I am going, and will also probably arrive on Monday. I know RogerDodger is going, Batgirl, Cookie I think, Brad, Kent and the wives...Bryan from SD, not sure who else eggsactly. If anyone is planning to leave Saturday or Sunday....ping me, maybe we can ride together.

Batgirl is leaving Friday

Steve from Jackson and maybe Denny thats the only others thatl I know of.

I'm heading for Vermont on Saturday. Steve Leach and I are rooming with RogerDodger. We got the super deluxe 2 room shack in the low rent district of Mt Snow. I suppose it will end up as a NC hangout with cold beverges and late night lie telling sessions. How come every room I stay in at these things ends up like that?

Steve is leaving on Saturday and so am I. I can't commit to a set time for departure. My band plays a gig Friday night at St. Anthony Shopping Center parking lot (2912 Pentagon Drive, Minneapolis, MN). The show is from 7:30 to 11:00, but I have to tear down and load/haul gear back to my place. It's the dark side of rock n roll - no roadies, no groupies, just DIY. All that stuff we bought is really heavy, too.

My plan was to leave when I feel ready, take lots of breaks and go as far as I can. Toledo OH is the goal, but I might cut it short. Hope to arrive in VT on Sunday, but it could be Monday.

Brian, call me before you leave. I'll ride with you, but I don't want to slow you down.

I'll see the rest of the crew in VT.   

Cookie,
I had my afternoon appt cancel for tomorrow so I am heading out about noon. Have a safe ride, and I will see you out there!

Hey all, Just trying to keep this thread up to date....I have a room to share w/ someone on The Hunt !!

Pray for dry weather and we should have a spectacular ride. LMK if you care to split a room @ the Inn.