• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nebraska COG's "OTP" Grill Out

Chris Baum

Nebraska COG’s “Over the Pond” Grill Out

Date:  June 8th, 2014
Time:  4:30-7:30PM

“OTP Winners”
Walter Jung of Germany
Richard Reinke of Germany

Here is your chance to hangout with Walter and Richard, swap motorcycle stories, and enjoy some good food before they start their trip to the COG National Rally in Johnson City, Tennessee 

If you can attend the Grill Out please call or email, so we can plan for food. Please bring a drink of your choice, maybe one or two.  Also bring some cash as we will pass the hat for contributions to help pay for gas and food for the guys on their 5,000 mile trip around the USA. 

The “Over the Pond”  (OTP) is an event sponsored by COG members to help send COG members from Europe or US to travel over the pond.  The “OTP” got its start in 2000 and has been going strong every since.

Please RSVP.  A post on this topic is adequate.

Lincoln is a little off track backwards for me, but you never know.....might just show up if I end up free earlier than expected!

Hey Chris, is this the correct date, when you were at my house for the Tech session I thought you said the following weekend?  If this is correct I am be able to come (confirm later however).

Neat!

Going to be a tough one for out of towners having to work or catch a flight the next day like me :'(

Catch ya'll at at the Rally!

FYI, we're on nearly identical routes. Offer is still open to foot the tab on hotel rooms at mid-point if current plan falls through

Rasmith said:
I didnt see any travel dates so I cant commit to accomodations if they pass through KC however, attached is my itinerary from KC to the Nationals. If the OTP riders want to join up with me at any point to the Nationals, I will provide an extra hotel room at my layover in Louisville KY.

http://goo.gl/maps/6erhi

VisionDon Nebr said:
Hey Chris, is this the correct date, when you were at my house for the Tech session I thought you said the following weekend?  If this is correct I am be able to come (confirm later however).

Neat!

We had to change the date to June 8th because of some complications on getting bikes for the OTP riders.  We needed to make sure we had enough time to ride to COG nationals the following week.

Chris

Rasmith said:
Going to be a tough one for out of towners having to work or catch a flight the next day like me :'(

FYI, we're on nearly identical routes. Offer is still open to foot the tab on hotel rooms at mid-point if current plan falls through

Rasmith said:
I didnt see any travel dates so I cant commit to accomodations if they pass through KC however, attached is my itinerary from KC to the Nationals. If the OTP riders want to join up with me at any point to the Nationals, I will provide an extra hotel room at my layover in Louisville KY.

Rasmith,

Lenexa to Lincoln, is only 200 miles or about 3 hours way! So you might be able to come up and hang out for a few hours before heading back to Lenexa?  Also thanks for the lodging offer but will be riding through KC on June 14th in the morning and are planning to stay in Carbondale, Ill that night.

Talk to you soon.

Chris_Baum_NE said:
Rasmith said:

Rasmith said:

Rasmith,

Lenexa to Lincoln, is only 200 miles or about 3 hours way! So you might be able to come up and hang out for a few hours before heading back to Lenexa?  Also thanks for the lodging offer but will be riding through KC on June 14th in the morning and are planning to stay in Carbondale, Ill that night.

Talk to you soon.

Hey Chris
I guess you hadnt read my post from April I put in quotes which what I was referring to, not holding up in KC as I will not the there. I offered to Lodge the Riders at my first stopping point which was in Louisville. So if plans change or anything falls through, let me know

As far as coming up to Lincoln, I truly wish I could commit 8+ hours before a travel day.

COG Nation,

Only 7 days until the Nebraska COG's "OTP" Grill Out.  I am still looking for more riders to greet Rickard and Walter from the North Central area before they start their epic ride around the US.

We had a great turn out day at the Nebraska "OTP" Grill Out!  We had 16 local Concours riders that spent the evening trading stories and meeting Richard and Walter.  We raised another $130 for Walter and Richard's "OTP" travel fund.

Attachments

• Nebraska OTP Grill Out.jpg
    Nebraska OTP Grill Out.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 105
Damn... it looks like Walter has lost weight - I almost didn't recognize him.

Isn't Richard a total hoot? Whenever he's around you can't help but be happy. Well... except when he puts diesel in his C14.  :rotflmao:

Way to go, Chris!  :beerchug:

Is that Layman with the white hair and beard? Oh, wait, there's more than one.  :D