• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need some wrench help...Buford, GA Area

braselton nomad

Big Wheel
Good afternoon all!

I have inherited a custom made trike my Uncle built in the late 60's.  It has a '67 corvair engine, front forks are '37 Harley, tank is '57 BMW and seats are from a fiat...it's actually pretty cool! 

I have a friend of mine who has got the engine all checked out and running.  But I need some help adding new lights and electrical, throttle, cables, and remounting the tank.  It is currently being stored in a very nice work shop with lots of tools at my office.  I have access to use any and all the tools that are there.  (the guy that worked on the engine is a car nut but doesn't know the motorcycle end of it).

I am looking for someone in the Buford, GA area that might be able to help me out one weekend and try to get this thing road worthy.  I am a pretty smart guy, but I am as mechanically inclined as a paper bag.  :truce:

I'll buy all the parts we need and supplies, pizza and beer if we need it!  :beerchug:

Attachments

• 102_4788.JPG
    102_4788.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 100
  • 102_4789.JPG
    102_4789.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 102_4790.JPG
    102_4790.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 86
Only a hop, skip and jump from me...don't know how much help I would be but I do have solid troubleshooting skills especially electronics. And I like pizza.  ;D

Let me know when you pick a date and I will try and make it. Looks like an interesting machine!

Hey Joe! 

I appreciate that!  I will let you know.  I have a lot of traveling coming up, so it will probably be closer to mid to end of July before I can get a free weekend to go play with it. 

I need to find a headlight and turn signals.  There are tail lights already, but nothing is wired.  It was all ripped out by my cousin who had it before me.  I know my limitations, where he...not so much.  :-[

There is an auto parts store within a mile of the shop, so if we need anything from them, I can grab it pretty quick. 

I just want to get it street legal and operational...needs new exhaust system for that as well...that will be next on the list.  :motonoises:

I'll message you directly as I get closer to a date...Again, I really appreciate it!