• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Need speedometer for 86

bill@cog

Big Wheel
  I need a speedometer for my 86 Connie.  Mine just gave out and I either need to get it repaired, hard to find someone that does that reasonably, or a used one. Any help would be appreciated.

[/size]OK, everything worked out, no longer needed.....

When you say it gave out, what happened?  Did it simply stop working?  If that's the case, you may just need a speedometer cable to run from the back of the speedo down to the left side of the front wheel.  You can get one from Murph's for under twenty bucks.

I have one. PM me with your email if you are still interested and I will send you pictures.

Pete

It turns out I don't have it anymore... Here is a bump for you. I am sure you will find one easy.

Cheers,
Pete

Hi BG-

Are you still looking for a speedometer?

If so, I have a real nice, complete speedometer and gauge assembly from my 1987 with 26587.2 miles on the map.  The glass is very clear with no cracks/splinters.  The plastic shroud has no cracks either, although the black color is a bit dull.  Wires are in good condition.  Your price:  95.00 including shipping!

As far as I know, everything was working properly before disassembly.  If you decide this is the one you want and it does not work, ship it back to me and I'll refund your purchase! :) 

db

Correction on black shroud.  I rechecked the assembly this morning and there is a small crack on the lower lip  - mid right side. :-[  New Price for ya: 80.00 including shipping!