• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New 2010 C14 price

timbo

Moped
I'm looking at buying my first C14. I have found a new 2010 non ABS in the crate for $12000. Is this a good deal? What will the bike be worth in a couple of years? Do these bike hold their value very well? Or would it be better to try and find a used 2010? Thanks!

I think you can do better.  That's about what I paid for a 2010 w/abs in 2010.  The other thing is these bikes don't hold their value at all. 

Timbo said:
Ok, thanks. I did find another non ABS for $11500. Do you really need the ABS feature?

IMO, it is money well spent. I now have a permanent injury in the form of a titanium elbow. Because my C10 didn't have ABS. I was arrogant and thought I was so good at braking that didn't need ABS. I'll never totally straighten my right arm ever again, because that rear brake locked at the wrong time. What a moron I was. (Probably still am!!!!)  :))

Personally, I will never buy another bike, especially one this heavy, without ABS.
It is the biggest improvement in motorcycle safety since ever.
Once you ride with it you will never go back.

Timbo said:
Ok, thanks. I did find another non ABS for $11500. Do you really need the ABS feature?

IMO spend the extra $500 for ABS, it's worth it...

Ok, can't find a 2010 with ABS, might have to go to the 2011. Anyone know where a 2010 new with ABS is for sale?

None are available I looked . we want the 2010 blue love that color! we found only non ABS like the others state do not buy it with out ABS it does a great job !

I just called my local shop for you, they're great folks, he's gonna run a nation wide dealer search for me and call me back. I'll let you know if he finds any 2010 ABS left over models anywhere...

Timbo said:
8) Thanks!

Here you go Tim, did you see this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-CONCOURS14-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS14-CONCOURS-14-2010-BLUE-/200652089614?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2eb7cbe90e

ZG said:
Timbo said:
8) Thanks!

Here you go Tim, did you see this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-CONCOURS14-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS14-CONCOURS-14-2010-BLUE-/200652089614?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2eb7cbe90e

Thanks Jay, but I have decided on a 2011 silver instead of the blue. I have them down to 13500 right now and sure I can get them to 13000. I just need to sell my Suzuki M109R first. Then I will have my new connie.  :)  Anyone looking for a custom 08 Suzuki M109R. Got info and pics if interested or know anyone interested.

Rich said:
bought a 2011 C14 abs for 12,698.00 OTD from http://www.sportcycles.com/ in Rockingham N.C in July

Wow, thanks Rich, that is a good price. I figure since it is getting closer to winter, they should come down on the 2011's. I will give them a call and see what they have.

Timbo said:
I'm looking at buying my first C14. I have found a new 2010 non ABS in the crate for $12000. Is this a good deal? What will the bike be worth in a couple of years? Do these bike hold their value very well? Or would it be better to try and find a used 2010? Thanks!
GET THE ABS !

Best I can get is $13050 OTD plus TTL. I think that is pretty good especially when dealer cost is 13559. That is a 2011 abs silver.

Timbo said:
Best I can get is $13050 OTD plus TTL. I think that is pretty good especially when dealer cost is 13559. That is a 2011 abs silver.

I paid approx. $12800 OTD in June for a silver 2011 C14 with 1 mile on the clock.  The 2011 model year got a lot of improvements over the 2010 and older models - taller windshield, slightly relocated mirrors, better venting for engine heat, the glove box was relocated, to name a few. 

If you can get a 2011 for $13050 I'd say go for it, the improvments over the 2010 model are worth the extra $ 

Ianintheusa said:
Timbo said:

I paid approx. $12800 OTD in June for a silver 2011 C14 with 1 mile on the clock.  The 2011 model year got a lot of improvements over the 2010 and older models - taller windshield, slightly relocated mirrors, better venting for engine heat, the glove box was relocated, to name a few. 

If you can get a 2011 for $13050 I'd say go for it, the improvments over the 2009 model are worth the extra $

fixed.

I saw an ad for $12,999 in new york city this week for a 2011 ABS.

I also found some 2011 abs for 12998 in North Carolina but they were black. I was told the dealer cost is 13052, so they aren't making anything on them, just want them gone before winter. I found a closer dealer(2hrs away compared to 6hrs) and getting a 2011 silver abs for 13100 OTD. It is still in the crate. Picking it up next week with the 1.9% financing, no money down.  :)