• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Tires Tomorrow Free Mounting

jailcop

Tricycle
Took my bike to the dealer a few weeks ago to get new tires (Pirelli Angel ST’s). On the way down my tire pressure monitor flashed “low Battery”. First time in 3 years it ever did this so I mentioned it to the dealer and since I have the extended warranty through Kawasaki they will pay the labor all I have to do is pay for the tires. Thank you Kawasaki Concourse for saving me money. Had to wait for the parts to come in but my tires are not that bad. 8)

FYI

Many motorcycle dealer service groups will mount the tire for free .. if you buy the tire from them .. and the wheel is off the bike .. and some will reduce the charge if the wheel is on the bike (again if you buy the tire from them)

Use the net to find a reasonable price range (with shipping) then ask the dealer for a price with mounting / balance ... before you buy the tire.

When I was an auto mechanic, all the shops I worked in would not warrantee the cost of removing defective parts not bought through the shop....but I cannot recall any defective new motorcycle tire ...