• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

fogcutter

Hi gang,

New to this board.  I'm picking up my 2011 Connie today!!  Any advice for day one or week one?  I've been riding for a while now but this is my first Kawasaki and my first sport-tour bike.  Any advice or recommendations for add-ons etc would be great.

Cheers

Bar risers were a 'must have' for me. Also this: http://www.bikerhiway.com/kuryakyn-universal-throttle-boss-p-1413.html?utm_campaign=bingshopping&utm_medium=sc&utm_source=bingshopping ... or one like it.

Don't touch anything until you've rode it for a little while. Then make the changes that you fell you need to make. What works for one person doesn't always work for the second person! Congrats and enjoy!

I'm with Cap'n Bob there!

He/She is yours. Like any good relationship you came together because of that initial attraction. Take a little time. You have tons of material to paruse and a great base here to help you as you see ways to improve the relationship.

I needed for ConRad to give me a little more upright ride due to a dirtbike background from long ago.. Bar risers
I needed a way to fight my dirtbike power grip habit.. Throttlemeister
I needed a way to listen better to His needs and that roar as we ran hard.. Cee Bailey 26.5

You just enjoy and have the ride and relationship be your guide..
We are here when you need a little counceling time!!
If he needs time out send him my way!  :))

I'll disagree with Bob one one point... There is one terrific accessory I can recommend right up front...
COG Membership  ;D    Living in VA is a good thing, because the COG Northeast Area "Rocks" if I do say do myself!!!

Thanks for the replies all.  Here's my new baby. :D  Still having to pinch myself....and the ride is awesome so far...only 8 miles though lol

Attachments

• connie.jpg
    connie.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 87
  • odo.jpg
    odo.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 95
S Smith said:
I'll disagree with Bob one one point... There is one terrific accessory I can recommend right up front...
COG Membership  ;D    Living in VA is a good thing, because the COG Northeast Area "Rocks" if I do say do myself!!!

Good point, my bad!

congrats,  got my 2010 in mid September and have just over 3000 miles and loving it,  I have not changed anything, the only thing I'm thinking of is loud horns, Washington DC drivers don"t see bikes, I thought I wanted bar risers but after riding I don"t need them 

70 miles in.  :D

edison said:
congrats,  got my 2010 in mid September and have just over 3000 miles and loving it,  I have not changed anything, the only thing I'm thinking of is loud horns, Washington DC drivers don"t see bikes, I thought I wanted bar risers but after riding I don"t need them 

I don't even have 100 miles in yet but I think I agree with you.  So far I haven't felt a need to change a thing.  Very comfortable ride for me and loving every minute up it.  Thank fully we've had these last 3 days of great weather here eh?  Had a true riding test today as I sat in traffic going south on 95 out of Springfield.  Can't wait to open her up in another 500+ miles.  :D

went out the last three days also, around the Clifton area for some hills and turns, and some errands. You can still do some fun riding without going over 4000rpm. I went to skyline drive twice and the 500 miles flew by.

Cap'n Bob said:
Don't touch anything until you've rode it for a little while. Then make the changes that you fell you need to make. What works for one person doesn't always work for the second person! Congrats and enjoy!

I second this!

^^^ I hear you ^^^
Every time I want to head out for a nice weekend ride - the weather in the NE craps out. I'm looking at rain and wind this weekend again. I picked mine up February 26th. I still have the original full tank of gas and only 33 miles on the ODO. I'm hoping to get out of work early today and head home for a nice chilly evening ride.  ;D

Here it seems all the good weather is during the week, then rain on the weekends.  At least it's not snow.

JoeR said:
Here it seems all the good weather is during the week, then rain on the weekends.  At least it's not snow.

Ain't that the truth! This seems to be a world wide phenomenon......I think the weatherman doesn't ride. :(

One of the first things I would do is put a RADIATOR Screen/grill what ever in over the radiator. 

Ordered the radiator grill, gps mount and a Flash to Pass unit.  Next is probably some kind of BT com system but I'm a reluctant to shell out the $300 for the Schuberth custom set.  I'll probably end up getting it anyway though...makes too much sense.  Anyone had any good/bad experiences installing the Flash to Pass garage door opener or is it something I should let the service dept. do?

My 09 has flash to pass .... it is on the front side of the left controls.
Did they remove this on the 10+ ?

I can confirm that my 2011 has flash-to-pass...it's the bottom position of the high-low beam switch (top-high, middle-low, bottom-flash to pass rocker).

Maybe fogcutter is getting the aftermarket unit just to control his garage door?

Big Poppa said:
I can confirm that my 2011 has flash-to-pass...it's the bottom position of the high-low beam switch (top-high, middle-low, bottom-flash to pass rocker).

Maybe fogcutter is getting the aftermarket unit just to control his garage door?

Exactly, sorry about being unclear.  I recently purchased the garage door opener that works with the flash-to-pass button.  I was just wondering if anyone has had experience installing one on a 2011 Concours.  :)

Well, after 450 miles on my new Connie, I sprung for the Baker air wings that mount immediately above the mirrors.  The higher you set the windshield, the more air that you have hitting your hands.  I expect to use my lightweight gloves a lot more once they arrive and are installed  ;D.

John C