• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NH Meet and Greet - Sat April 14th - Famous Legends in Raymond, NH

Awesome Willy - haven't seen you since the National!
Please contact us for route recommendations.  A nice afternoon ride.

COG7010@verizon.net.

It actually IS next door for me!! Fremont is the next town over, and we go to Legends alot.  Good food, good prices.  You could ride over to the USS Albacore and bag one of the NE stops on the scavenger hunt thing.

8)

Looking like great weather for Saturday.  I got a nice route in mind if you all really think the Albacore is a good ride.  Mostly state highways / back roads, not really highway or interstate.  If you know the area at all, go up 27 through Epping over to Newfields, across 33 to Portsmouth.  Nothing all that twisty, but my bride said she'd go, and she's pretty novice at it, and this is only the 2nd time she has ridden with me on this bike!

Any of you use helmet radios?  Looks like my friend will be along on his ST1100 too.

Dave

Dave,
We can talk about the ride route at lunch.  I've got it posted on the calendar for download to the GPS.
I'll have my GMRS/FRS radio with me for communications. 
Co-AAD Tracey (my wife) will be there for lunch and would be delighted to talk to your wife.

Woops logged in as Tracey!
Greg.

For the ride route I'm planning to go 27 W up into Concord for the Christa McAlluf Planitarium for the rocket photo (contest).
Then northeast on 28 then back 126, 56 into Raymond.

Wow - we're happy to see almost 25 people signed up for the event on the calendar.
This begs the question - anyone willing to help lead a second group in the ride? 
With the potential for 20+ bikes it makes it easier to manage if we can split the group in 2.

As a leader you need to be familiar with the route or at least be able to lead by uploading the GPS file into your GPS.

I also could use a couple of sweepers to help keep the group together.  GMRS/FRS radios are a plus.
Any takers?

GPS file here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/clubdocs.cfm?clubId=1328&topicID=1588&priv=0 

Not sure if I'll make it... need to finish a job... no, I can't tell the boss to shove it, I am the boss...  :mad:

Sorry to miss this but i got caught up at work
And by the time i got out i figured i'd just maximize ride time
As i have been to the planetarium a few times. Hope ya'll
Had a bitchin' time in my backyard. Ride well

Thanks Greg & Tracey for another fine event that drew out a bunch of potential members.

Greg, hope your ride to the Redstone Rocket Replica was a good one.  I grabbed a few photos for my Hodgepodge Grand Tour: http://bit.ly/HGw3hp (Aviation museum, covered bridge, silver lake sp)

And here are the photos I took at the Meet 'n Greet: http://bit.ly/HSnNKc

Thank you all for coming the our NH Meet and Greet.
We had about 30 people and 21 bikes at Famous Legends Restaurant.
A great mix of veteran COGers, newbees, and prospective members.

Thank you Kevin Martin for leading the second group of people on the ride to the Planitarium in Concord.  With so many bikes we split into 2 groups to make it more manageable.
Special thanks Dave Barker who was sweep for my riding group.  Dave - you would make a great COG member!
I think we even got a few more folks to attend the upcoming Tech Session!

Here's some pictures: