• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ninja 1000 with hard bags

zg

Man this thing is sexy!  8)

skjdiweur.jpg

I think the wheelie bars are on wrong!!  :rotflmao:

Nice bike... the bags just look out of place to me, BUT
it looks like a great way to get around WITH your stuff!

can it accommodate a topcase together with those bags? I tried it 10 days ago and found out that it vibrates a bit too much (only one balance shaft compared with the C14) and wind protection needs improvement, but I loved the response of that engine and the lightness of the thing  :motonoises:

martin_14 said:
can it accommodate a topcase together with those bags?

Not sure about a trunk but I'm sure a soft tail bag would do the trick, I don't see mama riding on the back of that bike for very long so it would be unused space...

rcannon409 said:
I think this will be my next bike after the c14 is paid off...the green, abs version.

I'm with you...  This might be next bike as well.  I've always heard the Z1000 can get a little buzzy, does anyone know if the same is true with the Ninja 1000?  Has anyone had a chance to ride one yet?

I almost had a chance at owning one yesterday. I had a really nice price set up for the one I wanted. Green, abs.... Decided to check insurance rates first...LOL

Yea...seams I can insure 4 c14's for less  . Clean driving record even...1323.00 per year for the ninja.
2008 abs C14 233.00 per year.

rcannon409 said:
I almost had a chance at owning one yesterday. I had a really nice price set up for the one I wanted. Green, abs.... Decided to check insurance rates first...LOL

Yea...seams I can insure 4 c14's for less  . Clean driving record even...1323.00 per year for the ninja.
2008 abs C14 233.00 per year.

:-\

Too bad RC, that sux bro...  :'(

I was disgusted. The Ninja 1000 woudl be the perfect in town bike for me.  But hey, if I'm gettign screwed anyway, I'll get the 2011 zx10r abs, green, parked right next to it.  I am going there with the checkbook tomorrow.  I'll add higher bars and have the first sport tourer made form a 2011...well, probably not the first, but still.

That seems really high for a Ninja 1000. I mean come on. It's not a liter class sport bike or ZX14.  ???

Bob, somehow the company classified it as a  "ZX10" instead of a Ninja 1000. The cost they listed for the z1000 was reasonable. So was an FZ1. I did not even use the "N" word when talking to them....Ninja, not.....  That was with a clean driving record, and defensive driving course.

I'll call back and say this is a special edition named after the tv show. The "Wiggles 1000" and see if it helps.

I woudl love to have the bike, but not at the insurance rate. Plus, if I get a ticket, it will go up again.