• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No Frills at One Wheel Only

Tommyhof

Weather looks good, low 60's and sunny, what more could you ask for.  :) Just had to post to get the chatter going.
:beerchug:

You beat me to it, Tommy.

I just finished up two ride routes, a 223 mile dual sport and a bit longer street route. Just need riders!  :motonoises:

Lots of farwood near the pit. Will be getting the bathhouse, porch, and barbee ready this weekend.  :campfire:

An interesting historical marker (read grave) on the ds ride.....might make shuteye harder on Saturday night!

Only water crossings are on bridges. ;D

Bring that nice weather with you, and, yeah....pick me up a brick of 22 LRHP if you find one. Winc Power Points? Thanks, that was easy!

Looking forward to seeing y'all/youns/youse guys again.  :great:

22LR still hard to get around here, you can;t get pickie, whatever walmart (not often) or ****s (better chance)  have, but if I get lucky I will keep you in mind..... ;D

Tommy,
The wally world at the end of I66 in Front Royal Va has a ton of 22LR in the 333rd boxes and also the Win 22LR 500 packs.
Matt

mattchewn said:
Tommy,
The wally world at the end of I66 in Front Royal Va has a ton of 22LR in the 333rd boxes and also the Win 22LR 500 packs.
Matt

I've been to that Walmart.  :-\

I'm looking forward to time around the campfire at OWO!

I miss Ben, the 130 lb gentle giant..........when he layed his head on your lap you had to suck it up a bit to keep from buckling:) And the black Shepard, who ran through the night without making a sound.

The first time I met Ben was when my SO and I stay at your house on a Friday night before some ride................
I went to brush my teeth, only to return and find Ben in bed with my Date. She said, "you tell him to move" :) All ended well as he left me into the sack without a fight 

It will be good to be back in the valley!
Tks Pat & Sharry for inviting us.

See you soon,
Jason

klrider said:
Event is limited to 50 Coggers, so far only 16 or so signed up. Hope to see you there!

Geez this got me motivated  :pokestick:   
So I went  to sign up, found my COG membership had expired  :-\  so I paid that, went again to sign up and found the deadline had passed! :-[

Please sign me up oh wise ride master!  :great:

Can't miss:  :campfire:

Dusty-----there is a "Steve Schilling" on the list of attendees.?? The deadline sign-up date has been revised. Will be good to have you.

Matt-----Thanks re the heads-up on the 22 stuff. That's just a piece up the road from me.  ;D
Will you be bringing along any COG merchandise stuff? Or, too bulky for a bike?  Stickers, stickers, we all love stickers!

Jason-----Yeah, Ben was sure an ole sweetheart. We miss him. And Hawkeye was that black and smartest Shepherd ever. We have their ashes. New guys on the block are Strom, the 110 lb black Shiloh (German) Shepherd Dog, a true hooligan and predator off the scale---he's caught everything. He's a good guy, just get your sidestand down and allow him to sniff you. He stands about 6'4"---no one comes through the kitchen door with him looking out from the other side.  :eek:  Charlee is the Queen of the home, she's our fifth Bernese Mountain Dog, a wonderful breed that just doesn't live long enough; she is seven now. Both are a tad boisterous but gentle. It's good that you remember our furry kids so kindly, even if he stole your date!  :great:

To all-----A reminder that any and all donations received when the helmet is passed will go to sending the next Yank (Ahmurican or Cannuck) Over The Pond, so pony up, it could be YOU, or most likely someone you already know.  ;)

I know that some Northern neighbors are riding down. We may have 20 or more at the  :campfire:

what, you were supposed to register  :-[ building up to be a flashback of the old days at owo  :beerchug: hey looking forward to seeing you and sharry again, thats if it isnt snowing by then  >:D

Pat, you said you'd have the BBQ ready right?

I'm thinking big fat New York Strip with a side of mushrooms and onions  :beerchug:

I'll have to pack my cooler accordingly! Any where close buy where one can buy a GOOD steak or should I bring my own?

jason

Jason,

You sure know how to camp. No PB&Js for you! A good steak in Luray??  ::)  We usually get our meats (that I don't shoot) at Costco. BYO might be best.

Yeah, barbee is ready for you.

Benches at the campfar ring ready, too.  Might want to bring a chair. Ever hear of a Kermit chair?  :))

Klrider,
Barring a massive influx of cash in the next few days/ week I am going to have to sit this one out. Busy piling up food ( and ammo) for the end of the world on the 17th!!  :)) :)) :))
Matt

Is there anyway to get a sneek peek at the 223 D/S route sheet? Like to turn it in to BIG LETTERS or maybe Rodger can turn it into a GPS file.  Thanks Andy-WV

Anyone thought about putting some money into the hat and buying food for on the grill Saturday night?

jason

This is starting to look like a Burr Ride for me..............

Calling for Snow up here on the MTN Thursday evening :-\
Hope I can get out Friday morning!

Weather looks good in Luray though..........
jason

With only a day pass, I will be showing up Saturday morning. Is there a place where everyone is going for breakfast? What about a lunch destination for Saturday?

Tim,

Glad you can make it; a day pass is better than no pass!

No specific location for brekkie on Saturday, though there will be coffee, java, and Joe here at OWO, together with OJ, and yummy high sucrose finger foods. Probably leaving OWO around 9 AM

Lunches on Saturday: street route, High's Restaurant in Monterey, VA. Dual sport route, Fireside Restaurant in Franklin, WV.

I am putting away my rototiller and getting out the snow cannon, so no problem getting in or out of OWO.  :great:

Hope to see you Saturday.

Our local forecast is for a low of 27 Friday; it's a tad cooler back here at OWO than in Luray, probably will hit 25 about the time the coffee pot is perking.

Forecast is for snow to remain above Mason-Dixon. Woods are damp, NO fire ban around here. Goose feathers by night, 'lectrics by day.  :motonoises:

We're ready here. Safe rides, and we'll see y'all soon!

My son has a football game Friday night, so I'll be there Saturday morning.  Planning to stay Saturday night, though.  :beerchug:

Glenn said:
My son has a football game Friday night, so I'll be there Saturday morning.  Planning to stay Saturday night, though.  :beerchug:

Great! See you Saturday morning, Glen.

Pat

I should be getting underway for Luray here ... well ... pretty soon.

New tag for the Strom came without year sticker and the with registration VA sent me the MONTH sticker but not the YEAR! 

32 minute wait time on the DMV phone line .... arg!!

At least it is warm here by the phone ....

What a fantastic weekend at OWO!!  :great:

At times it might have been a bit chilly  :-\  but Clyde the Fire-Master got us toasty, enough to pound down the delicious Pecan Pie.

A seriously great COG weekend camping event, and with a little "COG Anniversary" story thrown in as well.

After breakfast at Inwood with Clyde and Tom, we three split up and went different ways, I made it back safe and sound to NorVA (Ft Belvoir).

PS We tried to put breakfast on mysteriously missing Roger123's tab, but the waitress was having none of that!

Yep, a great weekend for sure. Hard to believe it's been like 7 years since our last official campout at OWO.

A bit COLD Saturday morning. 25 degrees! Hot Coffee hit the spot.

Nice 300 mile ride on Saturday, with 10 miles of rugged off roading on the way back to camp. No problem for the Tiger, or the GS, or the R1200 RT that Chris & Kendra were on! You should see that RT do a water crossing!

Good times around the fire both nights and some wonderful Vegetable Soup, courtesy of Sharry! Yum, Yum.

Folks like Pat & Sharry who invite us to their home are what makes COG great!

On a side note, I had the urge to Pee as I left the driveway. 3 hours, 40 minutes later I was in my Kitchen enjoying a bowl of home made soup that Joanne had waiting for me. And I remembered that I still had to GO!  :-[

See you at Burr!
Jason

It was great seeing everyone this weekend.  Cold morning, but turned out to be a great day for riding.  Special thanks to Pat and Sharry for hosting his.  Next stop, the Brrrr Ride.

Thanks to all our "old" and newer COG friends who braved the cold to be at OWO this weekend. It was great fun for Sharry and I to have you all here, and very good to see you all again, ride, and poke the campfires.

Our COG friends gave $233., to which Sharry and I will add, all to go to the next Yank OTP person heading to Europe. Thanks to everyone, and see you at the Brrrrrrr Ride!

Thanks again to Pat & Sharry for being such gracious hosts!  It was a great weekend even though it started at 21 degrees when we met for breakfast!  That's frost on the bike, not dust.  I didn't think I signed up for the Brrrr Ride but maybe I was wrong.  This weekend exemplified the credo "Join for the bike, stay for the people!" as Connies were outnumbered by at least 2:1.  Good fun around the fire pit meeting new people and talking to old friends.

Attachments

• 20131026_070854_resized_1.jpg
    20131026_070854_resized_1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20131026_071050.jpg
    20131026_071050.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20131026_135831_resized.jpg
    20131026_135831_resized.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 92
Clark2262 said:
Thanks again to Pat & Sharry for being such gracious hosts!  It was a great weekend even though it started at 21 degrees when we met for breakfast!  That's frost on the bike, not dust.  I didn't think I signed up for the Brrrr Ride but maybe I was wrong.  This weekend exemplified the credo "Join for the bike, stay for the people!" as Connies were outnumbered by at least 2:1.  Good fun around the fire pit meeting new people and talking to old friends.

yes, but we were still faster!
:)

Pat and Sharry, Thanks for everything. Had a great time despite the cold weather. Nice to be back at OWO.  Andy-WV

Dusty_Strom said:
What a fantastic weekend at OWO!!  :great:

At times it might have been a bit chilly  :-\  but Clyde the Fire-Master got us toasty, enough to pound down the delicious Pecan Pie.

A seriously great COG weekend camping event, and with a little "COG Anniversary" story thrown in as well.

After breakfast at Inwood with Clyde and Tom, we three split up and went different ways, I made it back safe and sound to NorVA (Ft Belvoir).

PS We tried to put breakfast on mysteriously missing Roger123's tab, but the waitress was having none of that!

I was wondering why my CC was cancelled, thanks!

Sorry I missed this one but the Mrs's and I had a good time cheating on you guys with the Audi club.  It was a great weekend for blasting around the mountains.