• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No more KLR650?

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
:'(
I didn't know.
Saw this on the interweb today. True?
no-more-klr650.jpg

I heard that too.  The end of an era.  I had a Gen 1, and it is still my opinion that the KLR is a TRUE adventure bike.  If you were to find yourself in some far away backwater, a bush mechanic will be more likely able to repair a KLR than a computer controlled BMW/KTM/ETC...  I also heard that a KLR could run on questionable gasoline or even coleman camp fuel in a pinch. 

Don't get me wrong, pushing me along at 70mph was a chore for this antiquated thumper, but it did great on gravel or well graded fire roads.

I’m not saying you are wrong, but the way I read it is that it is talking about dealer incentives. The sentences both before and after our talking about factory to dealer incentives. The context would suggest that it’s only the incentives that are going away.

The sentence: Model year 2018 will be the final year for this iconic motorcycle-sounds definite to me. 

Never owned one, but did ride one once.  Sorry to see it go.  All good things come to an end...

There's a substantial thread over on ADVRider about it.  The KLR 650 is no longer in production. If Kawasaki will field a replacement remains to be seen.

I talked with my dealer about this a few months ago, he seems to have an inside track (or so one would surmise from his confidence) and he tells me that a version of the klr will be back with a versys 650 engine in it, and that would be GOOD. Steve