• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Norton Dominator

I forgot all about the right side shifter. I haven't dealt with that since my first bike - a BSA 441 Victor.

Gitbox said:
my first bike - a BSA 441 Victor.

My first bike that ran reliably was a Norton P11 and on occasion I'll catch myself "shifting up" by stepping on the rear brake -- then I tell myself, dummy that was over fifty years ago... never should have sold it tho'

As a 2-stroke raised preteen kid always wanted a Fastback Norton. As a still riding Norton late 30ish kid wanted a gentleman's express ZG 1000. So now as a retired 65 year old have owned, loved and ridden both intimately as well as many others.

Besides these two favorites had a long affair with two Moto Morini 72 degree V twins. A 350 and long legged beaut of a 500. Understated in red and exotic they were too! Reserved? Not if you held them wide open everywhere you could and rode like they were roadracer 2-stroke 125's.

Link to new Norton was oh so too nice! Price was certainly not bad either seemingly. Think I might rather spend that money on bringing back one of my Fastbacks or the Dunstall back to as new however.

Dreaming............do not have that moola for such. That no matter how much I would like shifting from right side again................Thanks for "other" post!

I always thought Norton's were great looking bikes, and this is no exception. But I suspect that I would last about 5 minutes on that piece of foam where a seat usually goes.

lee, I had a us spec 74 3 1/2 morini not long ago that i restored, but had factory linkage to shift to the left, brake to the right. 1 of 177 imported according to herdan, it was an epic bike for sure. definitely worth all the hype :beerchug: :great:

here it is with the 'rider' 75 seat, had a perfect 74 seat and the airbox stashed away for shows. man this thing ran good. (so did my ducati sitting next to it >:D )

IMG_0384.jpg

Oh my my M in SC! Beauts!......just something about those Italians

ugh, Brits, Japanese, Spanish, German, etc, all

connieklr said:
dcstrng said:
Any former Norton riders... a few new ones it looks like...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/amp/news/new-bikes/norton-dominator-street/

Beautiful, but a little pricey. Only homo'd in the UK, so we won't see it here.

Darned shame. Only thing I'd change would be to shift the pipe to the LH side. Personally think it looks a little "awkward" where it is now.

ohhhh my... that bike DOES create some "chubbingly" appeal in my lower regions..

but, at;
$26,817.19 United States Dollars

that went away fast...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

always had a fond spot for those, when I was a "kid", working 2 jobs, one of which was for a bike shop.. the "old man" that owned it was a Norton/BSA nut.. had like 20 various ones there onsite.. I got to ride and work on them for him, and they were surely inspiring.. especially since I was riding dirt bikes, just before my "first BIG KZ"..

this is pretty..
13021.jpg

m in sc said:
costs a smidge more than a new honda civic, worth every penny.  :beerchug:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

you live in a snow free area.. that price for a bike that may see 6 months riding, here in my zone.. well, I'd be buying the Honda civic..
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

or if I could find a good one, a YUGO... loved that beast... cost what my 1978 KZ1000Ltd ran me, when I bought the Yugo. :)) :)) :))

MAN OF BLUES said:
m in sc said:
costs a smidge more than a new honda civic, worth every penny.  :beerchug:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

you live in a snow free area.. that price for a bike that may see 6 months riding, here in my zone.. well, I'd be buying the Honda civic..
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

or if I could find a good one, a YUGO... loved that beast... cost what my 1978 KZ1000Ltd ran me, when I bought the Yugo. :)) :)) :))

https://youtu.be/pz2eCFoafXk