• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ohio: Tallmadge to Dover November 8th ***Cancelled***

smokeyzx

Ohio: Tallmadge to Dover

Saturday, November 8th 2014

Short lunch ride for BBQ!

Hog Heaven http://www.hogheaven-bbq.com/gallery/media_files/pdfs/hog_heaven_menu.pdf

We will meet up at the McDonalds: 23 Southeast Ave., Tallmadge, OH 44278 back parking lot.

Arrive with a FULL TANK of gas.

KICKSTANDS UP AT 11:00 AM  (be ready to roll)
Riders meeting 10:50 AM

Hog Heaven
6557 Columbia Road
Dover, Ohio 44622

Google map says 50 miles to Hog Heaven. 1 hour, 22 minutes. Arrive about 12:30 pm.  Spend an hour there and head home. You’ll be on your own for the ride back, people heading in the same direction can pair up. 

The route down:
http://goo.gl/maps/CptG9

**Ride will be pushed back a week if there is 65% chance of rain/snow/salt, check back right before the ride**

John Vetter
330-212-7415 call or text

Excellent choice for BBQ! Hog Heaven is within a few miles of my place and a local favorite. :great:

Count me in.

Brent

Oh cool! Maybe you can lead a little ride on some of the back roads after lunch. It's pretty fun over there.

No guarantees John, but if the weather cooperates I "might" meet you guys at HH. 
I'll see who I can "persuade" ;D to ride along w/ me from Michigan also...

DeansZG said:
  No guarantees John, but if the weather cooperates I "might" meet you guys at HH. 
I'll see who I can "persuade" ;D to ride along w/ me from Michigan also...

I don't want to hijack my own thread but are you going to make the Hell ride?

Smokeyzx said:
>>>SNIP<<<I don't want to hijack my own thread but are you going to make the Hell ride?

As of now it looks like I'll be able to meet you there. :great:    However, won't be able to do the camping due to prior commitment for early Sunday.

Dude, fix the word wrap on your posts... I can't read them on my tablet, and I'm sure others can't either... please.....
Thanks.

If I can manage to chase out whatever's wrong with my connie, I'd be down. If not, maybe with the Nighthawk, provided the weather's not too cold.

Just to be sure; this is the older looking "north" establishment, not the yuppie "south" one on Rt39 near the expressway exits correct?

Gonna wait 'til thursday the 6th before I commit to the 3+ hr. ride there, especially it being early November!  :smiley_confused1:

Should make it there by 12:30 leaving here at 9....then again it all depends on mother nature.....

Here is map of the suggested route for the after lunch ride. Its about 1.5 hrs. Nothing really outstanding, but good for riding.

https://goo.gl/maps/oH9He

Brent

I need to cancel the ride unless someone else wants to take over. Both my tires need to be changed and I won't have the time to change them before Saturday (a sh*&%$t storm came through at work this week).

Sorry guys, thought I could get to it.

This made my descision a lot easier then, as I wasn't looking forward to babying a worn drive chain on a possibly snowy 200 mile R-t-E.
Make sure you post this up for a possible spring event!