• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OTR on Friday

OMoaC

On the Road on Friday for my own Private Idaho (well, with the counterweight :) ). Hope to see a lot of my SW area friends there (Pavlis, I'm looking at you. I didn't get a Harumph outta that guy) and meeting many more. Coming back down through CO (with the Bradman and a few others) and the Top of AZ. You all stay safe and have great trips.
CU in ID
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Day 1 just a tick under 500 miles. Hendo NV to Jackpot NV. Left at 630a (It was the counterweights fault :-X). A balmy 82 deg at 630a (and this time of the season it ain't even a dry heat). Onto 93 no through the great basin. Gas in Alamo. Onward to Caliente NV and watched the temp drop like the stock exchange after a Presidential Speech. From 82 to 54  :-\. A bit of rain. Temp flucutuated between 54 and 80 all the way to Wells NV with some moisture thrown in just for fun. Along with a neck wrenching side wind that has my right shoulder cramped up like the dude that lives in that belltower in France. After gassing in wells and getting a nicotine injection a crack of thunder and forrest gump big fat drops. And cold. Out goes the smoke and let the race begin. Trying to out run painful rain that had already caught us. Thanks to 1400cc's of fuel injected smiley time we were successful. Enjoying an adult bev in Jackpot NV. Spittin' distance to Idaho Falls manyanna. C U There.

Don't know if I'm going to be there, Mark. Had planned on it, then had to cancel. Still waiting to hear if I can squeeze something in. Maybe pull an Ironbutt and get there Wednesday night or Thursday... butt the organizers won't allow a one day ticket, so no dinner for me.

We'll see.

Love the daily report Mark.......I can just see you and counterweight embracing the wind and elements! Have a great rest of the way!  :motonoises:

Old Man on a Connie said:
Hope to see you JP. I'll kick in for a big mac for ya.

Gee, I was hoping you'd register for me so if I get there late I can still get in on the banquet, door prizes, etc. So much for support from my AD.

JPavlis_CA said:
Don't know if I'm going to be there, Mark. Had planned on it, then had to cancel. Still waiting to hear if I can squeeze something in. Maybe pull an Ironbutt and get there Wednesday night or Thursday... butt the organizers won't allow a one day ticket, so no dinner for me.

We'll see.
Reta & I can't make the Nationals either as our 88 year old is having some health issues so we're doing a short ride to Mike Corbin's diggs for a new saddle.  If you can't jump the northbound freight & you what to ride meet us at the Poso Saloon in SLO County at 11:00 AM on the 29th for a beverage.  From there we're going to the Pine Mountain Club in Kern County for the night.

Bert & Reta

JPavlis_CA said:
Hope to see you JP. I'll kick in for a big mac for ya.

Gee, I was hoping you'd register for me so if I get there late I can still get in on the banquet, door prizes, etc. So much for support from my AD.
Hmmmmmmmmm..................Lemme think about that...Still thinkin'...................................................Send me over that CC info and I'll try to get Fred to waive the late fee's.  :)

Day 2. 205 miles. Sunny with temps in the mid 60's. What a great day to be alive and on a bike. 2 lane zipping through the farmlands smelling the smells, feeling the feels and seeing the scene. Until we hit the slab after Twin Falls. Got to exercise my bell pulling muscle again. So were here and the waters great. C'mon in. Gonna try to hit the Craters of the Moon/Sun Valley loop manyanna to check out the fire damage if any. Let the Festivities and shenanigans begin. A dozen folks already here.

Hmmmmmmmmm..................Lemme think about that...Still thinkin'...................................................Send me over that CC info and I'll try to get Fred to waive the late fee's.  :)

Ummm, yeah, I'll get right on that.