• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PA LAUREL HIGHLANDS WEEKENDER JULY 19-21

hello all, just putting out a little info on a new ride that i posted on the schedule, all the details for this ride are posted on the schedule page under n.e. its located in a great area smack in the middle of the laurel mountains, figured i would switch this up from our usual cook forest ride to try something new this year. if you need some more info feel free to contact me. hope to see you all there. thanks joe

Joe you can't beat the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania in the summertime for a great time.

Your campgound is A 1. Nice clean showers and a fine pool to wash away the road grime.

Somerset is a great jumping off point to riding into West Virginia, Western Maryland and Central Pa.

Great food nearby too! Pine Grill & Crazy Alice's in Somerset and Out of the Fire in Donegal.

Our local BMW Club uses this same campground for it's Fathers Day weekend Campout. All Coggers are welcome to join us.
www.lhbmwr.com

See you in July,
jason

Joe,
Here is a great loop from Pioneer Park to Indiana and back. About 150 miles.

Jimmy Stewart Airport – Indiana, Pa.

Somerset to Indiana:
Rt. 31 West to Rt. 381
Rt. 381 north to Rt. 30
Possible side trip into Ligonier at Rt. 711, and their Country Market
Rt. 30 west to Rt. 259
Rt. 259 North to Rt. 56
Rt. 56 West to Rt. 119
Rt. 119 north to Rt. 286
Rt. 286 north to Airport Exit

Return to Somerset:
Rt. 286 North to Rt. 403
A Possible lunch stop in Clymer, Pa. at Luigi’s Restaurant at the Light on the right.
Rt. 403 south to and through Johnstown and on to Rt. 30
At Rt. 30 a possible side trip, East just a few miles to the Flight 93 National Memorial
Rt. 30 West to Rt. 281 South
Rt. 281 South to Somerset
Rt. 31 West to Pioneer Park

jason

If anyone would like test out the campground our local BMW club is holding it's annual Fathers day Campout at Pioneer Park this coming weekend.

You're all welcome to join us!

www.lhbmwr.com look for the campout link for all the info.

Hope to see some of you.
jason

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
hey jason, thanks for the route, lots of great riding in the area, looking forward to seeing everyone soon, thanks joe

Joe,
We ran this route with the BMW guys last week. It's a great ride! Little traffic and great scenery.
Lunch at Luigi's was excellent!
I plan on riding with you guys on Saturday.
see you soon,
jason

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
hey rich, looking forward to seeing you and dona, dont forget to book your site  :)

do you have anyone sharing a site with you yet?
I't kinda silly for me to book another one when you KNOW where Dona will be all weekend.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:D
lemme know, I'll book one shortly if needed

hey rich, sorry for the late reply, been busy and havent checked in here in awhile, anyhow michelle and donna talked already, see ya guys soon.

ok, were a little more than a week out, time too book those sites and get ready for a great weekend in the mountains, also someone called and left a message on my home phone and i accidently lost the message, so if your reading this give me another call or contact me with a email.  thanks joe

Sounds like the temps are gonna break over the weekend.

There is a NICE pool at Pioneer Park and being up on the mountain temps should be a bit cooler.

I'm not going to be able to ride Saturday but do plan on stopping by to enjoy a cold adult beverage with you guys.

jason

:'( :mad:sorry,
after working every spare moment the last 3 weeks to get the trailer,hitch, bike ready for this trip, I am totally burnt out.
The heat got to me last night, we were ready, but I'm suffering from heat stroke still; and won't chance the ride over with momma on the back in this condition. She has also been sick from working in the heat, so we both are not at a level to travel by 2 wheels...
you'ns ride safe.  :motonoises:

I was in Somerset this afternoon in the car working.................

92 degrees in the shade.

jason

ok started out 92 on fri was in 70s on sat, rain actually felt pretty good, got some rain mostly cloudy turned into a pretty decent weekend, hopefully everyone got home safe and thanks for coming.  thanks again  joe