• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PC V mileage

Cap'n Bob

OK, so after yanking the flies, installing a PC V (economy map from FuelMoto) , I gave the bike a good mileage test. I of course ran her down to Fontana to the National and back. It included every type of riding, except for cold and extreme heat. So the heat range was the 50's up toward 90 degrees. We tried to stay away from the slab as much as possible, but we did have to ran about half of them on the highway. It ran highway, back roads slow and fast, traffic, rain, hot and all out thrashing. So in approximately 2,200 miles of mixed riding. The numbers came in like this. The C14 odometer ran 29 miles more than the Zumo GPS. So calculating miles divided by fuel burned, I came out with these numbers. The C14 computer average said I burned 44.1 miles per gal average. The C14 odometer/fuel used average came to 43.79 miles per gal average. The Zumo miles/fuel used average came to 43.18 miles per gal average. It looks like the computer is less than 1 mile per gallon off the real results. I'm fine with it being that close. I expected it to be much farther apart. These results were much better than the same trip last year with the flies still in. Plus the bike had much more usable power in the low end. So if you were wondering if it's worth pulling the flies and installing a PC V. There you go. I'm looking at approximately 3 miles per gallon gain in fuel mileage on this trip. Yes it would take a while for the increased fuel mileage to pay for itself. But the usable power on the bike starts paying for itself immediately. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg